My version of a Blood Clot :)
Like Tree26Likes

Thread: My version of a Blood Clot :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,456

    My version of a Blood Clot :)

    I recently found some DW6900CL "Clot" Red-Jelly Resin

    I am not sure if this is final yet I have a few more ideas to play with

    I do wish they would release some nice red matte resin for the "DW"6900's
    Not easy to find & Jelly is cool but not rich enough IMHO in color


    Anyway .....

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  241.3 KB

    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  217.7 KB

    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  209.3 KB

  2. #2
    Member Crater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    4,833

    Re: My version of a Blood Clot :)

    Looks good For matte red 6900 you could go vintage route, like you did with your vintage yellow 6900. That red matte 6900 is also on my list, so simple but one of my favourite 6900.

    I like how well the red jelly works with the brushed aluminium-like panels on LCD, interesting choice of materials on your 6900
    flying likes this.

  3. #3
    Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: My version of a Blood Clot :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    Looks good For matte red 6900 you could go vintage route, like you did with your vintage yellow 6900. That red matte 6900 is also on my list, so simple but one of my favourite 6900.

    I like how well the red jelly works with the brushed aluminium-like panels on LCD, interesting choice of materials on your 6900
    Thanks Crater & yes I have put out the request here a few times for some matte red but never found any yet
    I know TikTox had some GW-6900RD-4 awhile back but I don't really play with the G line having just one G6900A-7

    I do not like the actual 6900CL model so wanted to try something. This is ok but I am still looking at what else might work.
    Also I am not sure if Jelly takes paint in the letters on the Bezel like normal resin does? If so that would open some other ideas too

    Hahah all just fun to play with
    Last edited by flying; May 29th, 2015 at 13:16.
    Crater likes this.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    Member Kev55's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2013
    Location
    Terra Australis
    Posts
    1,322

    Re: My version of a Blood Clot :)

    Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    I recently found some DW6900CL "Clot" Red-Jelly Resin

    I am not sure if this is final yet I have a few more ideas to play with

    I do wish they would release some nice red matte resin for the "DW"6900's
    Not easy to find & Jelly is cool but not rich enough IMHO in color


    Anyway .....

    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 363
Size:  241.3 KB

    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 346
Size:  217.7 KB

    Name:  4.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  209.3 KB
    ...looks good, but I agree with you, Flying - these jelly colors lack that "richness and vibrancy of color". When you have a nice neutral module like this HM-1 it needs rich colored clothes for balance.
    flying likes this.

  6. #5
    Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: My version of a Blood Clot :)

    Yes I agree Kev
    Jelly is tough to work with. It's transparency needs something else to set it off & as yet I have no real idea.

    Personally I do not like the DW6900CL Clot either heheh... but my lack of luck at finding Red Matte made me wonder about red jelly

    The hunt continues
    Kev55 likes this.

  7. #6
    Member Crater's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Slovenia
    Posts
    4,833

    Re: My version of a Blood Clot :)

    Quote Originally Posted by flying View Post
    Thanks Crater & yes I have put out the request here a few times for some matte red but never found any yet
    I know TikTox had some GW-6900RD-4 awhile back but I don't really play with the G line having just one G6900A-7

    I do not like the actual 6900CL model so wanted to try something. This is ok but I am still looking at what else might work.
    Also I am not sure if Jelly takes paint in the letters on the Bezel like normal resin does? If so that would open some other ideas too

    Hahah all just fun to play with
    Small hint, try searching on german ebay, ebay.de for the red matte 6900. Yellow and red 6900 were sold in Europe back in those days in large numbers, both those models were popular so I see them quite frequently there. To be honest, most of them aren't in same great condition as your yellow one, but it's worth having a look.

    Not every german seller will be willing to ship outside Germany or Europe, but every once in a while you find a guy or two that will ship worldwide. I'm unfortunately not in germany, but if they will be willing to ship atleast inside EU, I can transhipp it to you if you find good deal, just let me know
    flying likes this.

  8. #7
    Moderator G-Shock Forum Sjors's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Netherlands
    Posts
    21,491
    Looks sharp. It does remind me more of the red FIFA 6900 of 1998 then the Clot.

    Cheers,

    Sjors
    flying likes this.

  9. #8
    Member starscream's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    India
    Posts
    4,028

    Re: My version of a Blood Clot :)

    looks great man, i like it.
    flying likes this.

  10. #9
    Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: My version of a Blood Clot :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Crater View Post
    Small hint, try searching on german ebay, ebay.de for the red matte 6900. Yellow and red 6900 were sold in Europe back in those days in large numbers, both those models were popular so I see them quite frequently there. To be honest, most of them aren't in same great condition as your yellow one, but it's worth having a look.

    Not every german seller will be willing to ship outside Germany or Europe, but every once in a while you find a guy or two that will ship worldwide. I'm unfortunately not in germany, but if they will be willing to ship atleast inside EU, I can transhipp it to you if you find good deal, just let me know
    Thanks Crater
    Sounds like you may be describing the DW6900H models?
    I know they had a H-1 Black, H-4 Red, & the H-9 Yellow which I own a very nice example of

    But they had the graphics on them & I know were big sellers (especially in Germany) according to an article I read on Sjors site

    Here is my H-9
    Name:  1.jpg
Views: 207
Size:  86.2 KB

    Name:  2.jpg
Views: 210
Size:  85.2 KB
    Last edited by flying; May 29th, 2015 at 16:33.
    Crater, JohnQFord and alexs12 like this.

  11. #10
    Member flying's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2015
    Location
    Hawaii
    Posts
    1,456

    Re: My version of a Blood Clot :)

    Quote Originally Posted by Sjors View Post
    Looks sharp. It does remind me more of the red FIFA 6900 of 1998 then the Clot.

    Cheers,

    Sjors
    Thank You Sjors & your right I had forgotten about that red Jelly FIFA
    But yes much closer Thanks

    Name:  Red_1998_FIFA_World_Cup_DW-6900WF-4T_G-Shock.jpg
Views: 201
Size:  57.8 KB
    Last edited by flying; May 30th, 2015 at 01:45.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

    Similar Threads

    1. 6900 x Clot
      By Mike Godwin in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: February 24th, 2013, 15:02
    2. FS: G-Shock x CLOT (NEW)
      By slvrbulletv6 in forum Watches - Private sellers and Sponsors
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: December 30th, 2012, 07:12
    3. G-SHOCK X CLOT available
      By lolo96706 in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 49
      Last Post: December 13th, 2012, 00:58
    4. Is the Clot coming to the uk or not?
      By Bionicninja in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 13
      Last Post: November 27th, 2012, 15:56
    5. SPECIAL CLOT.
      By belauste in forum Casio G-Shock
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: November 25th, 2012, 10:04

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •