Mysterious numbered limited edition.
Like Tree29Likes

Thread: Mysterious numbered limited edition.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Mysterious numbered limited edition.

Here is a recent arrival.

It s the GW-3000B, I wouldn’t have bothered picking it up as I already have the GW-3000BD.

but I had seen it for sale in Japan and it was really cheap even though it appeared to be in excellent condition. Even then I might not have bothered if I hadn’t seen this on the caseback.

This was issued in 2012 for the 120th anniversary of the Lion D’or. What the heck is the Lion D’or though?

Well apparently it is a chivalric organisation the Order of the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau.

“The Order of the Gold Lion of the House of Nassau (French: Ordre du Lion d'Or de la Maison de Nassau, Dutch: Huisorde van de Gouden Leeuw van Nassau) is a chivalric order shared by the two branches of the House of Nassau (the Ottonian and Walramian lines).

In the context of the elder Walramian line, this order is the highest Luxembourgian national order and is bestowed by the Grand Duke of Luxembourg. It may be awarded to sovereigns, princes of sovereign houses and heads of state for meritorious service to Luxembourg and the Grand Duke.

In the context of the younger Ottonian line, this order is a house order (dynastic order) of the Dutch Royal House of Orange-Nassau and is awarded as a personal gift by the King of the Netherlands. In this case, the honour is conferred on a person who has rendered special service to the Royal House.”

I think this must be it, I cannot think there is any other organisation called Lion D’or dating from 1892. There is absolutely nothing on line about this numbered GW-3000B, I have seen a photo of another one but no explanation.

Who was the watch issued for?

I cannot imagine very many of the recipients of the honour would be interested in having a G Shock like this, but there it is, a commemorative watch that commemorates something hardly anyone has heard of and whose members would be unlikely to be interested in such a thing!

It is a mystery but perhaps someone out there knows something about it and why it was issued and to whom?

Mitch

Re: Mysterious numbered limited edition.

Now that is a storied watch.... Could be a cover story for the " Illuminati"... Just kidding..
    A very nice watch in any case!

Sent from my K92 using Tapatalk
    Cowboy Bebop likes this.

You are not supposed to have this...

Now we are on to you Mitch100 you are part of the Illuminati... Always knew it...

:-

Well most likely this was a goodie bag gift for the party guests... Some Royalty must be a G-Shock fan yo...

I know in 2016 The Royal Netherlands Airforce Apache personnel where issued a GPW-1000 RAF:

Name:  bed03dfb-32de-4f81-97d7-f0cb24a0eca7.jpg
Views: 51
Size:  59.7 KB

So it could very well be possible back in 2012 they where present at the party and given these GW-3000 pieces as gifts. But this is just speculation on my part....
    Slm643, GaryK30, Servus and 1 others like this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

This is a very romantic interpretation! But I am sorry, ultra conservative European nobility does not use Casio watches to celebrate an anniversary.

It must be a Peugeot anniversary. There was a bicycle and a very early car (type IV) that is known under this nickname.

Picture under ccc from Wikipedia
    Name:  EED6FCEC-868D-46D1-B51E-08B69756EC27.jpeg
Size:  15.0 KB

Quote Originally Posted by memento_mori View Post
    This is a very romantic interpretation! But I am sorry, ultra conservative European nobility does not use Casio watches to celebrate an anniversary.

It must be a Peugeot anniversary. There was a bicycle and a very early car (type IV) that is known under this nickname.

Picture under ccc from Wikipedia
    Name:  EED6FCEC-868D-46D1-B51E-08B69756EC27.jpeg
Size:  15.0 KB
    There does not seem to be any significant anniversary connected to Peugeot dating from 1892, they existed prior to this and there seems nothing about 1892 particularly and the Peugeot lion is not called the 'Golden Lion'.

Mitch

Or it is a more or less privat anniversary ... maybe a hotel or something else, we will not find with google today.

It could also be a restaurant or a jewelry perhaps
    memento_mori likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by memento_mori View Post

I don't think that is a 'Golden Lion' and Peugeot was well into making cars and bikes by 1892 been doing it for decades by then.

Mitch

Quote Originally Posted by Mitch100 View Post
    but there it is, a commemorative watch that commemorates something hardly anyone has heard of and whose members would be unlikely to be interested in such a thing!
    Delightful!

I was just the other day reading about the option of ordering custom-printed commemorative G-Shocks. I have no idea what the cost would be for that laser-engraved caseback, but it certainly does make the watch unique.

Given that the “No. 106” is black rather than the matte silver from the laser etching, I’d venture to say the individual numbering was a separate operation, very likely added *after* they were delivered by Casio.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information