NATO adpater help for G9300 ?

Thread: NATO adpater help for G9300 ?

NATO adpater help for G9300 ?

I'm getting ready to buy a new G9300 Mudman, but want to mount it on a NATO strap.

Can anyone tell me what and where to get adapters that will fit it?

Thanks -

Eric

Re: NATO adpater help for G9300 ?

From what I can tell, there aren't any standard adapters designed to fit the 9300 Mudman. People have gotten creative modifying Suunto clips to fit the G-9000 Mudman, but I have no idea if that would work on the 9300.

According to this one-post thread, the most commonly used Casio adapters don't fit the 9300: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/cor...-a-844995.html

According to this thread, those adapters DO fit, but modification is required: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/str...jf-900588.html

Quote Originally Posted by woshixiaozhu View Post
    Then I used a craft knife to modify the adapter a little bit. It is hard to describe what I did, but I simply removed the "shoulder" of the adapter a little so that it can be inserted into the bezel a little deeper, which then accepts the screws. It looks pretty simple and decent.

That was my understanding too - that there is not a given specific adapter for the G9300 out there and not a factory Casio part either, but that there was an aftermarket one that people were using and then modifying that DID work with some success?

THAT is what I am looking for. That, and a source, and also WHAT model G-shock do the adapters I am looking for fit, that can then be made to also work on the G9300?

Thanks -

Eric

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

For some G-shock models, the "shoulders" of the adapters need to be shaved down a little so that the small part of the adapter can reach deep enough between the lugs to line up the holes. The standard G-shock adapters that are available on ebay are what people mainly use. I put these on a 9300 and I recall it was easier than some other models, but I do think some modifying was necessary to get the adapter to go deeper.

Quote Originally Posted by esg2145 View Post
    That was my understanding too - that there is not a given specific adapter for the G9300 out there and not a factory Casio part either, but that there was an aftermarket one that people were using and then modifying that DID work with some success?

THAT is what I am looking for. That, and a source, and also WHAT model G-shock do the adapters I am looking for fit, that can then be made to also work on the G9300?
    It sounds like you're looking for the classic, basic, "G-Shock adapters" which appear to have originally been designed for the DW-5600EB-1V and later used on other models, including 5600 series "Glides."

Depending on where you live, they're available through PacParts.com (where they're known as "cover/end pieces"), eBay, CountyComm.com, broadarrow.net, and TimeUp Watches to name a few sources. For WUS members in the UK or Europe, tiktox.com is in the UK and is probably the best bet to save on shipping costs.

I did that, with a standard 5600 adapter and some modification using a sharp knife. But I didn't quite like the looking of it...

When I bought my G-9300 (used) it came with adapters already installed - I currently have them on my DB-E30 but I don't know from which model they originally are - they're not the standard type used on 5600/6900 models:

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

I tried the Shapeways (designed by Keoni) adapters on my 9300 Mudman, and they're awesome! Check out the following thread for pics, etc.:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/sha...974579-12.html
    Last edited by James142; May 6th, 2014 at 04:08.

Thread Information