Need 2 Bezel/Strap/Gasket Kits for GS DW5600C. Please Help. One could be black and another in yel

Thread: Need 2 Bezel/Strap/Gasket Kits for GS DW5600C. Please Help. One could be black and another in yel

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need 2 Bezel/Strap/Gasket Kits for GS DW5600C. Please Help. One could be black and another in yel

Need 2 Bezel/Strap/Gasket Kits for GS DW5600C. Please Help. One could be black and another in yellow, had the watches since new...UV rays have now hurt the plastic but the watches are still strong..a real tribute to their strength and good construction...plastic comes and goes and is not eternal but the heart of the watches sure seems to be.

Re: Need 2 Bezel/Strap/Gasket Kits for GS DW5600C. Please Help. One could be black and another in ye

As I understand it, finding authentic Casio parts for a 5600C is really difficult nowadays. Sometimes the odd set turn up on FleaBay but that's an extremely rare and joyous occasion for 5600C owners

You'll normally find 3rd party replicas on the bay originating from Brazil. They aren't 100% perfect replicas but they seem to be the only realistic option at the moment, short of Casio caving in to public pressure and remaking original parts.

Re: Need 2 Bezel/Strap/Gasket Kits for GS DW5600C. Please Help. One could be black and another in ye

Casio Watches at Discount Prices | Casio Watches , Casio Watch Straps | Casio G-Shock Watches | Casio Pathfinder Watches |Casio Wave Ceptor Watches|Casio Watch Straps will sort your Bezels and Straps.

The Gasket should be ok. If anything it just needs greasing and putting back in.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I would go to ebay and get one of the kits from brazil. They seem to be available at lots of places. Casio strap and gasket with a brazilian bezel. Seems to be the only real reasonable choice. Good luck. Casio hasn't made the 5600C bezel in a long time.

Thanks to all of you for your replies. Ok, well I have tried to move my two Casio G-Shocks and apparently they have no monetary value so I will have to do what any semi-sane WIS will do…Improvise. I wanted to install the original plastic on both but it is either unavailable or… extremely expensive so…I want to tap into the knowledge of those that know their way around G-Shocks. If I may, ladies and gentlemen please see the following:

Watch A- Black DW-5600C/ 901/ Factory H. The Bezel crumbled so I took it off. Watch in great shape. The band is ok but no keeper.

Watch B- Yellow DW-5600C/ 691/ Factory A. The Bezel is alive and well but color is faded. Watch is in great shape. No band or spring bars.

What I need from the Colleagues is to know what possible alternatives I have….not being able to buy the original Bezels due to their scarcity …what will fit, even if it is a close match?…Could it be the DW-5600E Bezel? Color would not matter…for the Yellow, I could make it any color as long as I can get the matching strap…same thing for the Black watch. Maybe down the road, Casio decides to bring the original Black and Yellow Bezels back into the market.

The new 5600 bezels won't fit a 5600C. The old metal casing is a different shape to the new plastic casing, thereby making the bezels a different shape. Your only alternatives are:

1. Buy a Brazilian kit. They're not official Casio but they do seem to work and they will get your watches back on your wrist.

2. Searching the forums I found this thread: https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/560...on-534805.html. You could try and slip a 5600E bezel on but it'll take a bit of hacking and patience to do so.

3. Wait for a genuine Casio strap/bezel replacement to turn up, either at an official distributor or on eBay. You might be waiting a long time though.

4. Go all 'Erin Brockovich' on Casio and demand new 5600C parts

There was a Casio parts dealer on ebay, vbeme, who I have bought parts from in the past (excellent and reputable seller) who had a few "kits" for the 5600C, including the bands, bezel, gasket, and screw set--all parts brand new. each of the kits sold for around $150, and the last one sold a few days ago. --item number was 290582061413. Maybe you could contact him and ask if he has or can get any more?

Thank you Kung...I had seen this guy´s ad but the guys that take advantage of people for a dull piece of plastic should better dedicate their style and efforts to more lucrative things.

Quote Originally Posted by Josejmarti View Post
    Thank you Kung...I had seen this guy´s ad but the guys that take advantage of people for a dull piece of plastic should better dedicate their style and efforts to more lucrative things.

How is it taking advantage of people if he prices the item at a reasonable amount and people choose to bid it up to crazy high amounts? That's just supply and demand for you...

Quote Originally Posted by kung-fusion View Post
    How is it taking advantage of people if he prices the item at a reasonable amount and people choose to bid it up to crazy high amounts? That's just supply and demand for you...
    I agree. I have seen the 5600c bezel bid-ending price on ebay range from $55 to $180. It's just demand, supply and timing. If you don't really need to use the same watch, I suggest to leave them alone as vintage. And buy a new one to use. One day you may have a good day and get the bazel at a good price.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information