Need Advice

Thread: Need Advice

Need Advice

Hi there

I am about to buy a new watch. I am looking for an analog. Doesnt have to be a g shock. Oceanus edifice etc.
    Requirements: solar atomic, titanium and it has to be er....somehow...formal?
    Its going to be the watch for the office.
    The maximum afordable price is 500$.
    So? Any recomendations?
    Thank's a lot for any suggestion

Re: Need Advice

Between G-Shock, Edifice, and Oceanus... Oceanus is the most formal. You can find many of their lines under $500 (not SMRP).

Solar, atomic, titanium, under $500, and formal Oceanus? The OCW100, 500, and 600 come in many different styles, colors, straps, and bracelets. And these are just the US models! The OCWT400 is Japan-only (I think), but it's not quite as formal as the others. T100 is, though.
    Last edited by kingracer; September 10th, 2009 at 17:16.

Thanks for the fast reply.
    that is exactly what I was looking for.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Naled View Post
    Thanks for the fast reply.
    that is exactly what I was looking for.
    Yep, Oceanus is probably what you're looking for.

Hi there

I am about to buy a new watch. I am looking for an analog. Doesnt have to be a g shock. Oceanus edifice etc.
    Requirements: solar atomic, titanium and it has to be er....somehow...formal?
    Its going to be the watch for the office.
    The maximum afordable price is 500$.
    So? Any recomendations?
    Thank's a lot for any suggestion
    GIEZ series is probably worth looking too..

http://www.casio.com/products/Timepi...GS1100_Series/
    Last edited by avohass; September 10th, 2009 at 18:21.

hi naled. the oceanus meets all your requirements. i just wanted to point something out. in japan there are more advanced oceanus models than what are marketed in the us. now it could be that you prefer the look of the older american models to the newest japan-only models, or that you've found some american examples for a deal at a costco, and that is fine.

but for under your budget i think the best answer is either the black or white ocwt100td. see it here. this model has the neat innovation of optically confirming correct hand position every hour.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Tom's right. I know he's right, because I'm wearing his (well, it was his; it's mine now, all mine!) white ocw-t100td-7ajf. The bracelet and case both look slightly darker and more matt than they do in those photos (although I am sitting in a darkened room as I type this; YMMV), and the hands are easier to read as well. Being titanium, it's a very light watch. If it gets lost or stolen in the next year or two I'd definitely buy a replacement. I'd only consider replacing it with something different if it was in titanium with a DLC coating, and I'm not going to be able to buy something like that for $500 for the foreseeable future!

Thanks a lot everyone for the answers.
    Avohass: yes I know about the giez series but I do also know that my brother is about to get me one (i wasnt supposed to know this:P) for the upcomming Christmas so...one giez will probably be enoguh.
    a-Tom-ic: I saw this
    ocwt100td in this forum some days ago but I didnt notice the modell and afterwards I "had" to forget about it as I couldnt find it in any american online store. Thats the one ti should be. The only problem is that I do live in Europe and am not sure about if the store you linked does send to Europe.
    Any feedpack will be appreciated.
    Thanks a lot again

Thanks a lot everyone for the answers.
    Avohass: yes I know about the giez series but I do also know that my brother is about to get me one (i wasnt supposed to know this:P) for the upcomming Christmas so...one giez will probably be enoguh.
    a-Tom-ic: I saw this
    ocwt100td in this forum some days ago but I didnt notice the modell and afterwards I "had" to forget about it as I couldnt find it in any american online store. Thats the one ti should be. The only problem is that I do live in Europe and am not sure about if the store you linked does send to Europe.
    Any feedpack will be appreciated.
    Thanks a lot again

you bet they do. i've seen multiple good reports here about that store.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Thread Information