Need advice... Is it safe to proceed??

Thread: Need advice... Is it safe to proceed??

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need advice... Is it safe to proceed??

A few weeks ago, I won a couple of items on ebay by YAMATO_2007. His Paypal account was not accepting payments due to whatever reasons.

I just got this e-mail from him but I'm not fully getting the grasp of it and wanted some opinions. It almost looks like he wants me to pay to another paypal account. His ebay ID has changed as well. Is this safe to proceed?

I know a few forum members also had the same experience with not being able to pay for their wins a few weeks ago. Anyone else get this follow up e-mail from Ichirou Suzuki??

Your opinions would appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sili

Contents of the e-mail is as follows:

Dear *******,

I am sorry for reporting, and slowing very much. ID was changed from YAMATO_2007
    to a2543251.

The PAYPAL account of [email protected] became like the stop about here
    though it took a proper step to stop the account of PAYPAL incompletely,
    and to recover until today. As a result, the method of accepting the item
    of sales with ebay was changed. Please give my best regards to payapal account
    [email protected]
    ..payment...

It is unnatural, and contact me by the message, please when there is a
    question.
    My best regards.

...meet all together... ..late thing.. apologize incompletely of here by
    dealingsAfter confirming payment, I will send out the item. My best regards.

Your payment for this item hasn't been received yet. If you haven't sent
    payment, please follow the instructions below.

Item title: G-SHOCK MUDMAN WORLD WAVE.SOLAR GW-9000-1JF Send Japan
    Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=???
    Item number: ???
    Buyer User ID: *******
    Seller User ID: a2543251

Your total is:
    $???.?? per item
    insurance
    (not offered)
    $0.00 Sales discounts (-) or charges (+)
    $15.00 shipping/handling

-----
    $???.?? = Total

Please send me your shipping address and payment. The following payment methods
    are accepted: PayPal

If you want to mail your payment, please send it and include a copy of this
    page to:

Ichirou Suzuki
    4-20 Saiwai
    Echizen, Fukui 915-0075

Again, thank you for your business.

Re: Need advice... Is it safe to proceed??

Sili,

My experience on dealings with Yamato_2007 was excellent. Not once, but all the times I bought watches from him. I do feel sorry for him. His problem is that he doesn't speak English. He could be an outstanding seller if he could get someone who speaks Japanese and English to work with him.

All his problems with eBay, I think, arose from his lack of communication with his costumers, and not because of dishonesty or something like that.

About the e-mail you received, Ichiro Suzuki was the remitent name in the EMS packages to me. Just for what it is worth. I know it doesn't help much.

I've the same kind of email. The details of the email all add up (items & his address) but everthing else doesn't (ebay and paypal). For me I'm not taking the risk and I'll wait until he's back on ebay/payal properly.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I got the same email and also an invoice for the auction I won, when I go to pay the auction it still says :
    This seller cannot currently receive payments.

I don't feel comfortable sending payment to some other new paypal address that is not linked to the auction I won. I don't think you will have any protection from paypal if things do not go as planned. The other issue is the he made all his feedback private, i guess to mask a lot of the negatives he was receiving, but under ebay rules you cannot be a seller and have private feedback.
    I am with Bluefin on this one and will wait till he gets his act together.

Sili,
    As you have found, dealing with yamato_2007 is quite a wild ride!! I've recently purchased two items from him as listed on e-Bay. (Casio OCW-M800TGJ-7AJF and Casio MTG-1000G-9AJF - both japan domestic models with Japanese manuals). PayPal used on both - although I believe only up to $200 would be 'insured' because of the negative feedback percentage. First watch (OCW model) just arrived after about 20 days - no tracking e-mail ever received - but had been mailed only 4 days earlier. Second watch (MTG model) - nothing happened for 3 weeks - then got a tracking # e-mail. Watch arrived after a total of 28 days - also mailed just 4 days earlier. Both watches in perfect shape - couldn't ask for better products - but I must have sent 20 e-mails asking 'wha hoppen?' - nary one reply!!
    If my experience is any indication - and it seems consistent with other feedback when you could still see it - You can get a great price on genuine pristine merchandise if you can abide the anxiety and possibility of some shipping error. His e-mail seems to indicate he has a new payment address for PayPal and if you pay there citing the e-Bay info, he'll ship your watch. If not, PayPal would probably cover you up to $200 which should be your entire amount - but always a hassle! Simple assessment - you'll get what he advertised - eventually!!! Don't expect communication - any you get is a bonus!
    Not sure I'm helping you to answer your question - but I probably won't use him again - if he ever re-appears and registers to sell on e-Bay - because it's just too nerve-wracking for me.

Best regards - and good luck.

capn-c

Quote Originally Posted by Sili View Post
    A few weeks ago, I won a couple of items on ebay by YAMATO_2007. His Paypal account was not accepting payments due to whatever reasons.

I just got this e-mail from him but I'm not fully getting the grasp of it and wanted some opinions. It almost looks like he wants me to pay to another paypal account. His ebay ID has changed as well. Is this safe to proceed?

I know a few forum members also had the same experience with not being able to pay for their wins a few weeks ago. Anyone else get this follow up e-mail from Ichirou Suzuki??

Your opinions would appreciated.

Thanks,
    Sili

Contents of the e-mail is as follows:

Dear *******,

I am sorry for reporting, and slowing very much. ID was changed from YAMATO_2007
    to a2543251.

The PAYPAL account of [email protected] became like the stop about here
    though it took a proper step to stop the account of PAYPAL incompletely,
    and to recover until today. As a result, the method of accepting the item
    of sales with ebay was changed. Please give my best regards to payapal account
    [email protected]
    ..payment...

It is unnatural, and contact me by the message, please when there is a
    question.
    My best regards.

...meet all together... ..late thing.. apologize incompletely of here by
    dealingsAfter confirming payment, I will send out the item. My best regards.

Your payment for this item hasn't been received yet. If you haven't sent
    payment, please follow the instructions below.

Item title: G-SHOCK MUDMAN WORLD WAVE.SOLAR GW-9000-1JF Send Japan
    Web Address: http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=???
    Item number: ???
    Buyer User ID: *******
    Seller User ID: a2543251

Your total is:
    $???.?? per item
    insurance
    (not offered)
    $0.00 Sales discounts (-) or charges (+)
    $15.00 shipping/handling

-----
    $???.?? = Total

Please send me your shipping address and payment. The following payment methods
    are accepted: PayPal

If you want to mail your payment, please send it and include a copy of this
    page to:

Ichirou Suzuki
    4-20 Saiwai
    Echizen, Fukui 915-0075

Again, thank you for your business.

I would contact Ebay and Paypal and find out whats going on. I don't like anything suspicious when it comes to my dealings with the 2 organizations, particularly on international purchases. Unfortunately I don't think you have any protection at all through Ebay nor Paypal when it comes to the International transactions.
    Apple Watch Space Black Series 5 w/ LTE
    Casio G-Shock DW-5600C Speed
    Casio G-Shock GMW-B5000GD-1JF
    Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR Frogman

Casio G-Shock GW-7900B-1 Rescue
    Citizen ATO810-55X
    Omega SeaMaster Pro Ceramic 212.30.41.20.01.003
    Omega Seamaster Pro Bond Quartz 2221.80
    Omega Speedmaster Co Axial Moon Watch 311.33.44.51.01.002

Seiko SKA625
    Seiko Velatura SNAA93
    Seiko V701

Check out my video reviews at:
    www.youtube.com/dougfnj
    Twitter: @DougFNJ

Thanks for all the feedback.. You've all been very helpful.

I figured, I will give this guy the benefit of the doubt, seeing as he doesn't speak much English and by all other reports, he actually does deliver, just takes time.

I did receive a couple more e-mails (as I also won 2 items) and one was an invoice which has the "pay now" linked to the new paypal account.

I have requested for a tracking number once he sends the goods. Lets hope they turn up.

Will keep you guys updated.

Quote Originally Posted by Sili View Post
    ...I am sorry for reporting, and slowing very much. ID was changed from YAMATO_2007
    to a2543251...
    FWIW again. I had yamato_2007 in My Favorite Sellers on My eBay. Now it is a2543251 who appears. He changed his ID.

Just an update on this. As indicated on an earlier post, I went ahead and paid for the 2 watches. Suzuki san put it on EMS on the 6th of April and it arrived to me here in Australia today (9th April). Very fast, after a long delay initially after winning the auctions!

I guess for those in doubt, fear not, Suzuki san will come through.
    His ebay ID was changed from YAMATO_2007 to a2543251. Based on the fact that I received the goods after paying for them, I say he made the change for legit reasons.

I'll post pics tonight if lighting conditions will allow me to take some photos. Otherwise, it will be in the next few days. BTW I got a GW-9000-1JF & a AWG-500J-9AJF.

I'm glad this worked out for you. You are braver than I!

I too think this seller could be great with someone to help as an interpretor.
    The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing.
    -Albert Einstein

The unforgivable crime is soft hitting. Do not hit at all if it can be avoided; but never hit softly.
    -Theodore Roosevelt

My Team
    Casio DW-6900-1V; DW-9100; GW-5600J-1; GW-6900-1; GW-6900B; GW-7900B; GW-9200-1; GW-A1000FC-2ADR; GW-M5600-1ER; MTG-520; PAW-1500T
    Citizen AT0660-05F; AT4004-52E; AT8020-54L; ATD53-3011; AV0021-52H; AV0031-59A; BL1258-53L; BL5440-58E; BN0088-03E; BN0100-51E; BZ0000-50E; EBJ74-1741; JY0010-50E; JV0020-12F; JY0000-53E; JY8000-50E; PMD56-2861; PMT56-2731; PMX56-2812
    Omega Planet Ocean XL 2200.50.00
    Rolex Two-tone 1500
    Seiko SARB023; SBDB001; SBDC003; SBPG001; SKA371; SKA511; SKXA33; SKZ325; SLT079; SLT081; SNDA59; SNE109; SNE283; SNG045; SPB001J; SRP043; SRP227; SRP307; SSC017

Tag Heuer 500m Aquaracer WAJ2110.BA0870

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information