Need a fast answer on the A1000

Thread: Need a fast answer on the A1000

LUW

Question Need a fast answer on the A1000

I think this was already posted, but since there are too many threads about this, I couldn't find the answer. This Monday my parents are going to Europe, and they'll stay in Italy (mostly) and France for around three weeks. My mom asked if I wanted anything () as a gift and I'm positive you will guess what I said . No, I didn't ask for a $500 gift (I didn't say how much it costs, and I really doubt they're aware of how expensive a G can be), just for them to get me one and then I'll pay them back. Though I'm sure my (adorable) mom is thinking that they're going to buy a "$100 watch" as something I asked for but then they'll give it to me as the "trip gift"... A 100 bucks, sure .

Anyways, does anyone know if and when the GW-A1000RAF-1AER will be available in Italy (preferably) or France? Do you think it will be available in the airport duty free shops? And what would be a good store to find one in Rome or Paris?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Re: Need a fast answer on the A1000

while I can't answer your question, how about getting the watch shipped from the UK to your parents hotel, of course you will likely get charged a high sales tax. But you should be able to have one shipped from the UK store to their hotel in France/Italy.

Good luck though!

LUW

That was what I first thought about, but they're going to be moving around a lot, and won't stay in the same hotel for more then a couple of days . That way I wouldn't risk trying to deliver the watch if they're not sure to be in the hotel.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LUW

And what about the vanilla GW-A1000-1A? If I could, I would get the RAF just for the "collectability factor", but whatever A1000 with resin strap would be just as nice. Is it already available in Europe?
    Cheers!
    Luciano

I found this shop in Italy that shows it out of stock but you could email them to get dates.

CASIO OROLOGI catalogo - CASIO - prezzi CASIO OROLOGI g-shock pro trek baby-g - Gioielleria Angelini

the regular version also shows up on the gshock italy website with the bracelet version, bu oddly, not on the gshock erurope website. And it doesn't have a where to buy link.

I think if you plan it you should be able to make sure you get at your parents hotel within the window which they will stay (if you cannot find a physical store)
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; September 2nd, 2012 at 01:46.

LUW

Man, that is risky with such a short time interval . Besides, most (all?) places I've encountered so far that sell internationally would have a fit to send a product to an address that is not the buyer's.
    Cheers!
    Luciano

Quote Originally Posted by LUW View Post
    Man, that is risky with such a short time interval . Besides, most (all?) places I've encountered so far that sell internationally would have a fit to send a product to an address that is not the buyer's.

When it comes to paypal transactions yes, but at least here in the US, shipping and billing addresses can be different. I don't think it is that risky as long as you can get the store to tell you definitively the day they will ship and just pay for some sort of mailing service that promises delivery in a certain amount of days. If the package gets to the hotel before your parents arrive, and this may be the way to go), then the hotel should be able to hold it until your parents get there (just double check with the hotel first).

The reason I say it isn't that risky is that it isn't like sending something from japan to usa where there is customs. If you ship it form the UK to italy I don't think customs are involved so there should not be any delays in shipping unless the package is lost or something.
    Last edited by Fer Guzman; September 2nd, 2012 at 05:40.

Thread Information