Need help

Thread: Need help

Need help

I want to get my 7 year old stepson a nice digital watch for his birthday, but all the childrens watches I have looked at are spiderman, batman, etc. I would like to get him something like a g-shock, but I want it to fit on his wrist. Any suggestions? All replies appreciated.

Re: Need help

Hi Borgee. My two sons, 7 & 9, have Casio G-Shock GSX900-5,-3. They look like the smaller version of the DW9050. They also have a DW500 each. The GSX900 ( Club G ) is available on E-Bay. Hope this helps.

maybe DW5600E will do

since they are small-ish and widely available

if you wish, you can get them the current color DW5600E as well

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Baby G's have some cool models and are widely available.

Quote Originally Posted by borgee
    I want to get my 7 year old stepson a nice digital watch for his birthday, but all the childrens watches I have looked at are spiderman, batman, etc. I would like to get him something like a g-shock, but I want it to fit on his wrist. Any suggestions? All replies appreciated.
    buy the biggest you can find... he'll grow into it... :-D

or alternatively... but him one that limited and maybe by the time he's out of school it'll be worth something... i like the first one best tho...

I.C.E.R.C. Baby-G Dolphin and Whale, with an animated swimming dolphin and backlight in changing colours. Great play value, quite fancy one myself. Or, if he finds that too poofy, a Club-G.
    Even the 5600 is surely far to big for a seven year old's wrist (even if a lot of them seem not much smaller than me nowadays). I got my first watch at about that age, a handwinding Timex military, and lost it about two weeks later. I would bear in mind that this is a very big possibility nowadays too.
    Can he read "digital" time?

Kevin

DO NOT buy a Baby G for a boy. Kids know that this is a girl's watch, especially young girls. The last thing you want is for this kid to run into a group of girls and be teased for wearing a girls watch.

I would suggest a Club G. There are many out there with tribal patterns or snakes on the bands. There are also plain ones. They are tough and cool and small.

Wink Re: Need help

Most bvlack models Baby-G are suitable for bor boys and girls, but the Club-G are specially designed for kids. Something like a "Watch like daddy". When I was in a baby store when Bram was very small, I noticed a "Pee like daddy". Kids, specially boys (and dads like it too!) like to imitate their parents...

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Thread Information