need help!!

Thread: need help!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

need help!!

i have a few g shocks. need help from any kind soul.

i. dw9800 wademan - one of the operating buttons is gone. anyone know where to get the replacement button?

ii. dw8300 - went for a swim n sea water seeping in. maybe because of worn off gaskets or loose caps. the watch could not be operated anymore. so i wonder if i could get a replacement 'engine' for this watch.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Re: need help!!

I think it shares the same module as the DW-290 available on ebay for $38 uncertain whether it will fit in the DW-8300 I'm sure someone else will know well worth getting this classic repaired.
    Kev

Ask Sjors, he is the local super-guru of the G.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Nevyn View Post
    Ask Sjors, he is the local super-guru of the G.
    Yep, Sjors is the king of the G's!
    Real men don't need instructions.

Hi Kueh,

Well, I might know much about G-Shock's, but I don't know all answers. The button of the Wademan is a difficult one. Maybe the DW-9000 series watches have the same shaped of buttons, but I'm not sure.

For the DW-8300 I think Kevin gave the right advice. It sharesd the same module of the DW-290 (not a G-Shock model). The module number is 1288. It is used in more Casio models. Maybe it is also still available at your national Casio service, but new modules are pricey.

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

any of u out there happen to have or come across with dw290? how abt sell me d item. quote d price n try to convert it to malaysian ringgit.

btw, i came across one in ebay. - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

sadly dont have d account.

Quote Originally Posted by kueh View Post
    any of u out there happen to have or come across with dw290? how abt sell me d item. quote d price n try to convert it to malaysian ringgit.

btw, i came across one in ebay. - http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...ksid=p3907.m29

sadly dont have d account.
    kueh,
    are u malaysian?you go to subang mydin (or can try other mydin hypermarket) and can get the cheapest casio watches there.my last visit to mydin subang is few days ago, and i saw Dw-290, the price is RM89, if i'm not mistaken.FYI, i have this model too, but very sayang to jual haha,i've bought it 12years ago.i bought my mudman for only rm219.

Quote Originally Posted by hazlanus13 View Post
    kueh,
    are u malaysian?you go to subang mydin (or can try other mydin hypermarket) and can get the cheapest casio watches there.my last visit to mydin subang is few days ago, and i saw Dw-290, the price is RM89, if i'm not mistaken.FYI, i have this model too, but very sayang to jual haha,i've bought it 12years ago.i bought my mudman for only rm219.
    gud to hear dat our local mydin has it. mesti pegi mydin kuantan after diz. btw, is d one dat we have (dw8300) called 'stargate'?

n where did u get mudman for 219? i bought mine a week ago for 240.

Quote Originally Posted by kueh View Post
    mesti pegi mydin kuantan after diz.
    Just out of interest, what language is this?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Quote Originally Posted by tribe125 View Post
    Just out of interest, what language is this?
    Malay, and it's suggesting going to a shopping centre in a place called Kuantan next. I don't speak it, but I'm an administrator on a chat server with a Malaysian community.
    "The future is something which everyone reaches at the rate of sixty minutes an hour, whatever he does, whoever he is." C S Lewis

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information