Need help with Bezels screws ...

Thread: Need help with Bezels screws ...

MET

Need help with Bezels screws ...

I just received my newest purchase. I bought a used GW-M5600. Except for the fact that the bezel screws are not in as good a shape as the rest of the watch, all looks good. I was able to get them out, without stripping the heads any further but I certanly don't want to put them back in again. I'd like to know where to get some replacements? I checked the sticky note "Casio Parts List" but found no mention of the bezel screws for the GW-M5600, just the bezel and strap. I've done a little comparing of the screws from my DW-5600E and there is a slight difference in the size of the shank area so it will not be usable. I have a GW-5600J, but I'm reluctant to remove any of the bezel screws as all is pristine on that watch. You know "if it ain't broke, don't fix it!".

In addition, I'm restoring a GW-300 that I bought on eBay for $18.00. It needed a new battery. Anyway, I'm embarrassed to say it, but when I went to remove the bezel screws to get it cleaned up I did not have the screwdriver properly positioned and I damaged one of the screwheads. I was able to get it out and back in again and I think it's still usable but I'd like to err on the side of caution and replace it anyway.

Your thoughts and any information you could provide would be most appreciated.

Thanks!

Re: Need help with Bezels screws ...

Have you tried your local Casio service centre?
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Thread Information