Need help buying a GSHOCK in Canada
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need help buying a GSHOCK in Canada

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need help buying a GSHOCK in Canada

Hi,
    I've recently become obsessed with the idea of a white g-shock watch. I live in canada and have set aside around $120 but am having severe difficulty finding the models I like. I like the 5600 case size but have tried a 6900, which is a bit larger than I'd like but if I could get one with tide functions I would consider it. The other SKUS I like are GLX5600-7 and GWM5600A-7 but they seem non-existent where I've looked. I would really appreciate if someone could point me in the direction of a CANADIAN dealer with these skus. I would also settle for a DW5600SL-7, but would rather other options.

Re: Need help buying a GSHOCK in Canada

We're sort of limited in Canada ... as I'm sure others are in many other countries.

We have The Bay & Watch It in Vancouver ... the selection isn't overwhelming when you compare it to Japanese sites, etc.

It's not the retailer's fault ... it's just that Casio isn't generally offering more in many marketplaces.

Best to expand your horizons to Rakuten &/or overseas sellers on eBay or other sites.
    Andrew_navigator likes this.
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

Quote Originally Posted by JohnQFord View Post
    We're sort of limited in Canada ... as I'm sure others are in many other countries.

We have The Bay & Watch It in Vancouver ... the selection isn't overwhelming when you compare it to Japanese sites, etc.

It's not the retailer's fault ... it's just that Casio isn't generally offering more in many marketplaces.

Best to expand your horizons to Rakuten &/or overseas sellers on eBay or other sites.
    Yeah, only thing is I've set aside about $130 for one of these watches, and if I buy internationally I know I'll end out spending near double, from the exchange to shipping and duty/tax.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

it's tough given that amount, I would buy used Gshock at ebay - zummiez sells Gshocks too - a few months ago, I saw winners in north van having a gw6900 in white and mirror face at 99

Quote Originally Posted by G-fob View Post
    it's tough given that amount, I would buy used Gshock at ebay - zummiez sells Gshocks too - a few months ago, I saw winners in north van having a gw6900 in white and mirror face at 99
    Well I figured it's the msrp, should be able to find something at that price (basically want a white 5600).
    Definitely not buying used. I am not a used person.

where are you exactly ?

Laval, QC.

Order from Amazon Canada. No exchange rate and free shipping. Still get taxed though.
    http://www.amazon.ca/Casio-Quartz-Re.../dp/B001A62MJA

Sadly, that's not an amazon.ca listing. It's an amazon marketplace listing created by area-trend, which is not an authorized dealer, and is as good as ordering off eBay. I don't trust these types of listings and don't consider them an option.

Name:  IMG_0079.JPG
Views: 179
Size:  2.34 MB
    Sorry about the sideways photo, still don't know why this happens. Anyway the best advice I can give is don't look for one, that way you will surely find one. I never knew I wanted a white 5600 until I stumbled across one in a surf shop. Tucked away in the back of a display cabinet sat this watch all dusty and neglected, it was the only G Shock they had in the whole shop and were glad to find a buyer. I explained to my wife that it was my duty to provide a home for this watch. However how does that help you alexrocky I'm not sure other than to say be prepared and always carry sufficient funds for an unexpected purchase.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information