Need help on choosing my first G

Thread: Need help on choosing my first G

Confused Need help on choosing my first G

Hello:

This is my first post here though I have been lurking on this forum for the past couple of months reading up all the good stuff..

So now I have shortlisted what I want to get as my first G:

- G2300B - 1V (the one with a nylon / velcro band)
    - G2300 - 9V (resin band)

I am kinda undecided about which one to go for. Am not too much into physical exertions but I like to wear a watch almost 24 /7 and especially while sleeping.. (I feel lost if I dont have a watch on my arm).

So its a toss up between resin + gold looks vs. red + nylon.

I do like the red / nylon look as it exudes a sense of sportiness (from the pics on the web). But then I have read on the forum that nylon takes ages to dry if wet (I dont like to take off the watch in a downpour) and may also get mildew so am leaning towards the 9V.

Those of you who have owned / seen one - does the 9V look good in real life (Amazon has a real crappy pic) or is the 1B better and the nylon strap is not all that bad.

Thanks,
    Nimz

P.S - I have also seen a poll on the best 23XX watch on this forum and there the 9V won but still.. am kinda confused.

Re: Need help on choosing my first G

Hey, welcome to the forum!

I don't think you can go wrong with the resin. Good luck!

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    Hey, welcome to the forum!

I don't think you can go wrong with the resin. Good luck!
    Thanks BenL for the welcome..

Resin - yes but black and red looks all that much sportier :(. And buying a separate resin strap will go beyond my budget. :( :(

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I think if you need something for 24 h wearing, the resin would be better than cloth or fabric. Especially, as you say, when it gets wet and you're just wearing a soggy bracelet for the next hour.*

*Having written that, I'm sure that must be a euphemism for something, but let's not investigate
    The Search function on vBulletin forums isn't very smart. If you want to search for a complete string in the G-Shock forum, or for posts which include multiple words, use Google, and enter site:forums.watchuseek.com/f17 into the search box. Then use normal google syntax after that to enter your search.

Ha Ha.. soggy bracelets not withstanding.. am kinda leaning towards the G2300B-1V (red and black is sportier) than the 9v (dull golden). Can anyone confirm if the display of the 1V is better (even marginally) than the 9V? I did see a lot of threads related to this and ppl say that one can read the numbers on the 9V quite clearly but is it the same as the 1V or is the 1V better? Thanks!

Thread Information