Need help on deciding which G-Shock Aviation Watch to purchase
Like Tree15Likes

Thread: Need help on deciding which G-Shock Aviation Watch to purchase

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Need help on deciding which G-Shock Aviation Watch to purchase

Hi guys, I'm new to the forum, but have been following these threads for quite some time. I've recently decided to purchase a G-shock, as I'm a pretty outdoors-y individual, I figured that the combination of the design plus durability would match closely with what I'm looking for. Plus, constantly hearing you guys talk about yours makes me want to join the club .

I've truly enjoyed some of the comparison posts on here, but so far, after all the research, I have been unable to decide on what to purchase.

Right now, I've narrowed it down to three:

GW3000BB-1A
    GW4000-1A
    GWA1000-1A

Mainly, the only things I'm looking for is that the watch be solar powered and have atomic timekeeping, which all three have. I plan on wearing the watch all the time: hiking, skiing, biking, hanging out with friends, at work, etc... I guess, I just need something to tell time and look nice.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Re: Need help on deciding which G-Shock Aviation Watch to purchase

Do you have any other criteria? GWA1100 fits those criteria as well. Is price a consideration? Do you care about legibility of the stopwatch?
    Current: Certina DS First Chronograph, Squale 20 Atmos Classic, Casio Edifice EF527, G-Shock GW-6900-1, Rado, Invicta, Maurice LaCroix
    Past: Victorinox Chrono Classic 1/100 241618, Seiko SBDC001, SKX779, Deep Blue Ocean Diver 500, G-Shock GA-1000FC, AWG-101, Citizen BM8475-26e, Oris TT1 Divers Date, TAG Heuer Pilot

Quote Originally Posted by jbg7474 View Post
    Do you have any other criteria? GWA1100 fits those criteria as well. Is price a consideration? Do you care about legibility of the stopwatch?
    Indeed legibility of stopwatch will be better on GW-A1000 and A1100 (both use the main hands). Not to mention longer in duration and inclusion of countdown timer. Personally I'm a fan of the GW-A1000, but if you'd rather have a compass go with the GW-A1100
    Last edited by JarenCarter; February 2nd, 2014 at 23:15.
    jbg7474 likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hey guys, I really appreciate your responses! In regards to jbg7474, I think the highest I can go is approx 350. I did look at the GWA1100, but its unfortunately out of my price range. The stopwatch function is not a real deal breaker for me. From most of the material I've read, I think the stopwatch is max 24 min, and I don't really see myself doing anything that I need timed for that long.

In response to JarenCarter, the compass would be a nice addition, but from what I've seen online, that watch is out of my price range at the moment.

Was just curious if you guys knew what the difference was between a GWA1000-1A and the GWA1000FC-3A? Why is there such a big price discrepancy?

Once again, thanks for all of the help guys.

Sorry, had another question. What is your opinion on the resin bands vs the black metallic bands? I really like the metallic band, but I've heard stories where the finish easily comes off after a day or two or use. Has anyone else encountered this?

Garden City Park, New York, United States

How about the 3500b it's anidigi
    JATO757 and STEELINOX like this.
    MikeCfromLI

+1 for the 3500. It's my first and favorite G!

 iPad Air
    MikeCfromLI likes this.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

@JimG85,

If I were you I would overthink your needs. I have a feeling that an Aviator watch is NOT what you are looking for, I could be wrong however...

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

i would definitely go for the GWA1000.. the GWA 1100 has a cluttered face i find, when u probably don't need all that extra functions..

difference between the normal and the FC model is more of the colour, of which the FC models are more stealth.
    JimG85 likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by magna_strike View Post
    i would definitely go for the GWA1000.. the GWA 1100 has a cluttered face i find, when u probably don't need all that extra functions..

difference between the normal and the FC model is more of the colour, of which the FC models are more stealth.
    I appreciate the response magna! I think I'm gonna go ahead and pull the trigger on a GWA1000. You and another forum member have now recommended that to me!

Thanks again truly!
    Last edited by JimG85; February 3rd, 2014 at 17:14. Reason: I accidentally put the quote below my response instead of above

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information