I'm looking to buy a G as a present.

The person will need the following feautures:

Atomic (at least MB 5 but pref. MB 6)
    Tough Solar
    World Time
    Countdown timer
    Stopwatch
    At least one daily alarm.

Person will wear the watch as an everyday beater (office work, cutting down trees, Kayaking / sailing in salt- and fresh water, traveling abroad etc.

Person has, to my knowledge, never owned a digital watch, and while he may be able to adjust to one, analouge is prefered.

Watch must have a sporty look. (like the Atomic/Solar Mudman or something along the lines of the Atomic Solar Aviator.

Thing is: I live in Denmark and as Gs are expensive here, I would like to purchase from an reputational online dealer in the UK/EU in order to save money. My maximum including shipping to Denmark is €130. Purchasing through Amazon woud be an option. On the other hand, I would like to avoid Ebay due to long shipping times.

Watch must be brand new and must come with the official worldwide warranty.

A long time ago, I found a site: making it very easy to find the G-shock one wanted: by ticking boxes, the choises were narrowed down. I cannot find that site anymore. Can someone help?

Thanks.

Moderator G-Shock Forum

Re: Need help fast: Atomic, solar- pref. analouge

Hi Nicolai,

The only watch in you price range im aware of is the ana-digi AWG-100 (5band) or the AWG-M100 (6band).
    Both are available here for about 100-130€.
    For me those ana-digis are easier to operate in timer or stopwatch mode the their full analog siblings.

The watch in my picture is a AWG-100BR, a somewhat more expesive version with a bracelett:

Last edited by d2mac; August 26th, 2012 at 11:55.

I agree with the ana-digi option. Analogue G Shocks may look deceptively simple, but to actually operate all the features you pretty much need the instruction manual handy! Besides, the true G Shock analogues are way out of that budget. (Like the GW4000 etc..)
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

OK- so what if I'm prepared to go with a digital?

For Solar/atomic all digitals in your price range, you might want to check out...

GW-7900;
    GW-M850;
    GW-M5610 or older M5600;
    GW-6900;

You should be able to find all these within your budget from a reputable online retailer like amazon UK...sorry I would post pics if I wasnt on my phone :)

Also bear in mind that you don't really need multiband 6 unless you plan to travel to China...

Just to add, I also agree with the previous comments, Ana-digi and digitals are a lot more user friendly and 'faster'... Once you have a play with all the modes on a digital G, it's pretty straight forward and digis have more features in general.
    Last edited by Sengyoku; August 26th, 2012 at 18:50.

Quote Originally Posted by nicolaidenmark View Post
    OK- so what if I'm prepared to go with a digital?

GW6900 would be my choice / recommendation - preferably with adaptors and a one piece strap - a bit like this in fact...

TedDotCom likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Sengyoku View Post
    GW-7900;
    GW-M850;
    GW-M5610 or older M5600;
    GW-6900;
    I'll add
    GW-2310;
    GW-9110 or older GW-9100;
    GW-9010 or older GW-9000;
    GW-5600J;
    to that list.
    Current Rotation:
    Tudor Black Bay (on OEM bracelet) | Rado Original Automatic 648.0408.3.161 | Royal Orient WE0011JB | Omega Speedmaster Moonwatch 311.30.42.30.01.005 | Casio G-Shock GWF-1000-1DR

G-Shock collection:
    GW-M5630E-9JR, GA-400-4A, DW-6900SG, GW-5000-1JF, GWF-1000-1DR, GW-200Z-1DR, GW-9200-1, GX-56-1B, G-5600E, G-6900-1, DW-5600MS, G-7302RL (non-functioning)

Wishlist:
    Credor ​Eichi (when pigs fly) | Credor ​Eichi II (when fishes talk) | FP Journe Chronometre Bleu (acquired) | Urban Jurgensen & Sonner Ref. 3 (acquired) | D.Dornbluth & Sohn Cal. 99.5 (acquired) | Moritz Grossmann BENU Rose Gold ​(acquired)

**Sig limit reached...**

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

We are 12.6 %

I haven't been able to find the GW-9100/9110 within my budget. Any help appreciated. Actually, links to places where I can purchase all watches within my budget would be appreciated (EU/UK only).

will i get the worldwide warranty if i buy from tiktox so that i can have the watch repaired in dk if it becomes faulty?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information