Need Help On First Frogman.

Thread: Need Help On First Frogman.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help On First Frogman.

Looking at both the GWF-1000G and the GW-225A black dawn. I like both actually, lol. One of these will be my first Frogman watches. Any opinions on which one to get? My wrist size is 7.5". Thanks for any advice ... I'm a newbie to both of these.

Re: Need Help On First Frogman.

I have both a GWF-1000G and a Dawn black. Both are amazing but if you don't scratch the 1000G itch, you're just torturing yourself. Somehow I suspect you will end up with both in the long run, but if money isn't an issue go with the GWF-1000G for now, you won't be disappointed. The Dawn Black is also an amazing piece, and at nearly half the cost of the 1000G it definitely is worth a consideration. I guess what I'm trying to say is:

If you're looking for a fancy, shiny, expensive, heavy watch that you only wear on certain days get the 1000G.
    But if you're looking for an everyday G that is very classy go with the Dawn Black.

At the end of the day, trust me when I say this, you will NOT go wrong at all with either of them.

Great advice, thanks for taking the time to type that out. I'm leaning towards the 1000G. If all goes as planned, I will be posting some pics soon :)

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I agree with kaywalker - you can't go wrong with either one. And your wrist size should be able to pull off either watch. The GWF is a little bigger than the classic Frogman.

If budget is not an issue, I recommend going for the GWF, you won't regret it.

My vote goes to the GWF1000g, perfect for your wrist size

Quote Originally Posted by AdamITR View Post
    Looking at both the GWF-1000G and the GW-225A black dawn. I like both actually, lol. One of these will be my first Frogman watches. Any opinions on which one to get? My wrist size is 7.5". Thanks for any advice ... I'm a newbie to both of these.

I was in you exact position last week...I had the master blue thrown into choice with those 2 to make matter worse...

I finally decided on the dawn black since I only have minuscule 6.5 inch wrists..still waiting on it...will let you all know what I think when I receive it ...

But given your wrist size, knowing me, I would go for the most expensive one...or I'll be itching for it ever after ...
    Cheers from Malta, Etienne

I would recommend the GWF1000 series Frogman, its new, so spare parts availability will not be a problem in the future. It feels good on the wrist with that little extra weight, DLC coating on screw back is awesome!

For the classic retro look, GW200 Frogman will do best, but I would still prefer the GWF1000G.

P.S: I'm a proud owner of the GWF1000 Frogman myself, hence the biased opinions.

Quote Originally Posted by AdamITR View Post
    GWF-1000G is the best G-Shock that Casio do at the present time IMHO albeit minus a few features which it should really have such as time being present in all modes and also the personal data storage feature which the older frogmans have.

The dawn black frogman is a lovely lovely classic though and shouldn't be overlooked - and I would really like one..................!!

If push comes to shove...............GWF-1000G if you can go the extra $$$!!! as it is soooooooooo nice and you just need one!!!

Personally I prefer the GW-200 series hence the Dawn Black gets my vote. I don't know why but I like the look of the 200 series Frogman better than the 1000 series. Maybe its because of their size.

Most definately the GWF1000g. I own both but hands down it would be the GWF1000g. Then down the road you can get the GW-225A Black Dawn. With a 7.5 wrist, the larger one will wear very well.
    -Jimmy Mac!-
    "Was She Looking At Me or Was She Looking at My G?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information