Need Help with GW-9000A

Thread: Need Help with GW-9000A

Need Help with GW-9000A

Hello everyone. I have lurked on this site for about a week doing searches and now have some specific questions I hope someone can answer for me.

First a description of my issue. I own a GW-9000A mudman atomic solar I believe is referred to sometimes as the 5 eye model. I purchased the watch after mud destroyed my Luminox EVO. This mudman has proven to be far tougher and much more enjoyable to own than the luminox was.

The band on this watch is held on by a series of 4 screws, 2 on each side. On one side one of the screws has broken off. Part of the screw is still inside the bezel. Barring the worlds smallest chisel and much more patience than I'll ever have, it's stuck in there. That side of the band has become separated from the bezel leaving only one screw holding it on.

I believe to fix this watch I'll need a new bezel and a new screw to replace the one that has broken.

I've located at casiosalesandservice.com a bezel for a g-9000 which looks pretty much the same as the one for this watch. Will it fit?

Also where can I buy a new screw for the band? And do disassembly instructions exist for this online? I seem to recall seeing a photo tutorial of taking it all apart to for boiling purposes at some point.

Re: Need Help with GW-9000A

The bezel will fit, and Casio should be able to provide the screw. Disassembly is simply a matter of undoing those screws and lifting off the bezel.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

Re: Need Help with GW-9000A

Here is a LINK to the thread you mentioned. Note that removing the 4 screws on the back is NOT required and I highly suggest not doing this. I did and the module shifted and I had a heck of a time getting all the buttons to work again.

Thread Information