Need help with my GLX-6900

Thread: Need help with my GLX-6900

Question Need help with my GLX-6900

Hi

I've been reading the manual, but am still having trouble setting up my G-shock. I live in San Francisco, and the longitude is 122 degrees West. But, how do I calculate the lunitidal interval, and how do I set up the moonphase?? I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to walk me through the setup and maybe enlighten me about what all these terms are?? Is there anything else I should know about when dealing with these kind of G's??

Thanks!!

Re: Need help with my GLX-6900

Quote Originally Posted by Virinder View Post
    Hi

I've been reading the manual, but am still having trouble setting up my G-shock. I live in San Francisco, and the longitude is 122 degrees West. But, how do I calculate the lunitidal interval, and how do I set up the moonphase?? I'm hoping someone would be kind enough to walk me through the setup and maybe enlighten me about what all these terms are?? Is there anything else I should know about when dealing with these kind of G's??

Thanks!!
    Hi Virinder, here's a link to a great write up Sjors wrote on moon and tide graph settings:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/how...ph-166281.html

I also used the G-Shock wiki as reference:

Moon and Tide Graph Settings - G-Shock Wiki | casio watch resources

Hope the above links help.
    G-Shocks
    Origins, Master of Gs, Sky Cockpits, G-Lides, Standards, Specials

G-Shock Collaborations
    Maison Martin Margiela, CLOT, [email protected], ICERC, LRG, Subcrew, Turbokolor, Brooklyn Circus, Eric Haze, Marc Aurele, Lo.wer, Stussy, Bape, Hundreds, Dee & Ricky, Krink, Nigel Sylvester, ALife, Parra, In4Mation, Illest, Wu-Tang, One Piece, Akira, Ultraman

Thanks, Feisar....I still have 2 questions, though.

1.) The Site/Lunitidal Interval Data List on the Wiki has Seattle listed at 122 degrees West and a lunitidal interval of 4:20. Since San Francisco is at the same longitude, can I assume that the lunitidal interval will be the same as Seattle??

2.) Do I need to adjust the Moon Graph, or is it programmed or preset for every day over the next several years?? I seem to be able to adjust the day, but never the actual moon phase. It's difficult to tell if the G is telling me that the moon is waxing or waning, or whether the lines tell me the moon is becoming more or less full.
    Last edited by Virinder; May 31st, 2012 at 21:03.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

bump

Bump.....can anyone please answer my last two questions above?? Really could use some answers.....thanks!!

bump

Without referring to the manual because I'm eating breakfast, I seem to remember that the moon display and tide display (since one affects the other) are both set from the reference location you use.

In the UK we have tidal data on websites so being inland I picked the nearest coastal town and entered the location data for that.

Bingo.

Both tide and moon appear bang on.

This is on a G7900 so might be different to yours but I doubt it.

Sent through Tapatalk on HTCs Desire.
    The 7900's are my favourites, although the 56s are currently my focus. But nothing is excluded, except pink Risemans.

1) couldn't tell you - might be right
    2) the moonphase is set with the date and is preprogrammed

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information