Need help removing back from GW-600DA
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By carpoon

Thread: Need help removing back from GW-600DA

Need help removing back from GW-600DA

I feel like I'm missing something easy here. I need to remove the case back of a GW-600DA to replace the battery - the old battery in it won't take a charge any more. I've opened plenty of G-Shocks, but can't figure out how to take off the end caps to remove the case back. The only removable parts that I can find are one screw on each side and the four screws on the car back itself, but removing those doesn't seem to get me any closer. Anyone have any ideas?

Re: Need help removing back from GW-600DA

Quote Originally Posted by carpoon View Post
    I feel like I'm missing something easy here. I need to remove the case back of a GW-600DA to replace the battery - the old battery in it won't take a charge any more. I've opened plenty of G-Shocks, but can't figure out how to take off the end caps to remove the case back. The only removable parts that I can find are one screw on each side and the four screws on the car back itself, but removing those doesn't seem to get me any closer. Anyone have any ideas?
    I can't speak for that particular model, but I don't think many people around here own that model either!

On the PAW-1000T Pathfinder the springbars that attach the metal bracelet to the end caps ALSO attach the end caps to the watch case, and on the PAW-1100 and PAG-80/PRG-80 the springbars that attach the resin strap does the same thing. After the springbars are removed, the strap, bracelet and/or end caps can then be removed.

I would GUESS that since there are no other visible screw holes in your pictures (or in the close-up pictures of the "cover/end pieces" at Pacpart's website) that this is probably the same system on the GW-600!

Thanks Mike K! Was able to remove the bracelet using a bracelet tool- no other way to get to the Spring bars. Then, there were another set of spring bars below the bottom end caps.

The lengths I will go through to have a digital metal bracelet G-Shock with a countdown timer...

Rocat likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks Mike K! Was able to remove the bracelet using a bracelet tool- no other way to get to the Spring bars. Then, there were another set of spring bars below the bottom end caps.
    And did that do it? Were the spring bars in fact holding the "end caps" on?

The lengths I will go through to have a digital metal bracelet G-Shock with a countdown timer...
    If you can live with a digital G-Shock with a metal bracelet with resin end links, the easy solution is go buy a new and improved Multiband 6 MTG-M900 -- no more "Time Memo" feature so it now comes with a 24 hour countdown timer. Under $100 at Walmart and elsewhere. (Of course, that still leaves the issues of the silver-painted BEZEL, which is easily replaceable, and the end links that invariably discolor.)

i think you have to remove the strap since they seem to block the case back

to get to the spring bars, turn the face of the G up so we can see, there maybe 2 covers on top where the lugs are, or should I say where the band connects to the case

I have a 511 that's how it works

Thread Information