Need Help Setting Time With My GW-500A
Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By chronic01uk
  • 1 Post By chronic01uk

Thread: Need Help Setting Time With My GW-500A

Question Need Help Setting Time With My GW-500A

My best friend, who passed away 4 years ago, gave me this watch and I never really wore it at the time because it was too painful. Now I've pulled it out of my drawer and love wearing it around, for sentimental reasons and style reasons. The watch runs EXACTLY 5 minutes fast... I suppose I could live with it, but it just annoys the hell out of me! lol

I've now looked up the manual and sorted through it and it only really gives me ways to change time zones, no real way to change the minutes. So I did some more research and it seems it syncs with some sort of time keeping satellite or something and is the reason I can't change the time. I've literally run out of ideas on changing the time on this thing!

Any advice or help would be much appreciated!

Borrowed photo of the watch:

Name:  GW-500LJ-1.jpg
Views: 4705
Size:  44.6 KB

Re: Need Help Setting Time With My GW-500A

If it's atomic (communicating with a satellite) then the time should always be exactly right. Are you sure it's 5 minutes fast? Also, try holding down the "Adjust" button (top left). If the minutes start flashing, then you should be able to use the two buttons on the right to change it. I'm not sure if this will work with this watch, but I hope this helps!

Quote Originally Posted by Clevelandballer View Post
    If it's atomic (communicating with a satellite) then the time should always be exactly right. Are you sure it's 5 minutes fast? Also, try holding down the "Adjust" button (top left). If the minutes start flashing, then you should be able to use the two buttons on the right to change it. I'm not sure if this will work with this watch, but I hope this helps!
    Yeah, I've checked it against the .gov time website and it's literally 5 minutes fast to the T, like the seconds are the same, but the minutes are just five minutes fast? haha I can't explain it! and I'm guessing it's atomic because when I hold down the adjust button, it only gives me the ability to change the time zone.

Thank you for your advice, but it sounds like it's something I'll have to live with :/

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hold adjust button till it beeps and time zone flashes then press again and it should flash with 12 or 24 then press mode button to cycle through settings until you reach minutes. To check if atomic time is on or off then hold down adjust till it beeps and time zone flashes then press mode once and it wall say on or off.
    Shaunie_007 and Tremec like this.

That did the trick!! Thank you! :)

Quote Originally Posted by Shaunie_007 View Post
    That did the trick!! Thank you! :)
    Your welcome had to get mine out and go through it as I couldn't remember myself lol
    Shaunie_007 likes this.

Thread Information