Need Help Syncing the Analog and the Digital on a WR20BAR
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need Help Syncing the Analog and the Digital on a WR20BAR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need Help Syncing the Analog and the Digital on a WR20BAR

So I got a WR20BAR for Christmas and it's been working as it should, or at least it had up until this past Sunday. On Sunday, I noticed that the watch's digital time, date (Month, Day, and Year), and time zone, were completely off, yet the analog time was correct. I thought that I'd leave it be until today so that I can set the time to sync with my school's clocks. However, now that I set the time to be in sync with my school's time, the digital time is now perfectly fine but now the analog time does not match the digital time. While switching through the modes to look for a reset option or something, I stopped at the WT mode, World Time mode. It was here that I noticed that the analog was in sync with just the UTC time, so the hour hand is off by 7 hours.

Is there any way for me to reset or zero the watch so that both times can match? Need this fixed fast, 'cause my mother wants to take it back to the Macy's for a refund for selling a broken product, but personal experience has taught me that things like these happen and can be fixed easily. She begs to differ.

P.S.
    I also can't stand not being able to know the time when I'm going from place to place. I've always been on time, and I intend to keep it that way till the day I drop. Heh, I'm like the rabbit from Alice in Wonderland... Or the Conductor (Tom Hanks) in the Polar Express... But yeah, I need my watch to work again. I'm feeling a bit nervous, jittery even, about not having the proper time on the analog and the digital times.

Re: Need Help Syncing the Analog and the Digital on a WR20BAR

Welcome to Watchuseek!

Quote Originally Posted by BrightRaven View Post
    So I got a WR20BAR for Christmas and it's been working as it should....
    "WR20BAR" is just the water resistance rating, in this case "20 BAR" which equals "200 meters" -- and that's probably printed on half of the G-Shocks and a quarter of all watches that Casio makes.

The MODEL number should be stamped on the back of the watch, along with the four-digit MODULE number located in a small rectangle on the back.

If you can tell us either (or both) of those, it will be really helpful in order to solve this particular issue!

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    Welcome to Watchuseek!

"WR20BAR" is just the water resistance rating, in this case "20 BAR" which equals "200 meters" -- and that's probably printed on half of the G-Shocks and a quarter of all watches that Casio makes.

The MODEL number should be stamped on the back of the watch, along with the four-digit MODULE number located in a small rectangle on the back.

If you can tell us either (or both) of those, it will be really helpful in order to solve this particular issue!
    Ok, that confirms my suspicions as to the proper identification of the watch.

The Module Number is: 5146
    The Model Number is: GA-110BW

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

While you were adjusting the digital time, it sounds like you managed to accidentally change the "home city" for the watch!

To change it back, press the upper left "adjust" button and hold it until the city code at the top of the LCD display start flashing.

Use the upper and lower buttons on the RIGHT side to scroll around the world until you get to the correct home city -- which is the pre-determined city that Casio chose which happens to share the time zone you're in.

After the home city is correct, press the lower left button to go into time setting mode and make certain that it is still correct -- change it if necessary.

Press the upper left button again and the hands should set themselves to match the digital time, and that should do it!

(After you get it fixed, you can reassure your mother that it was a case of "operator error" and not a defective watch. )
    Last edited by Mike K; February 9th, 2016 at 17:50.
    HoosierTrooper likes this.

While you were adjusting the digital time, it sounds like you managed to accidentally change the "home city" for the watch!

To change it back, press the upper left "adjust" button and hold it until the city code at the top of the LCD display start flashing.

Use the upper and lower buttons on the RIGHT side to scroll around the world until you get to the correct home city -- which is the pre-determined city that Casio chose which happens to share the time zone you're in.

After the home city is correct, press the lower left button to go into time setting mode and make certain that it is still correct -- change it if necessary.

Press the upper left button again and the hands should set themselves to match the digital time, and that should do it!

(After you get it fixed, you can reassure your mother that it was a case of "operator error" and not a defective watch. )
    After much fiddling with the buttons, I have gotten my home city to be what I had set it as originally (MIA) and got the hands to match the correct time.

New problem though...

Now my digital time is 4 hours behind.

sigh

...Time is hard...

After much fiddling with the buttons, I have gotten my home city to be what I had set it as originally (MIA) and got the hands to match the correct time.

New problem though...

Now my digital time is 4 hours behind.

sigh

...Time is hard...
    It sounds like you need to start over, and start from the very beginning -- don't just fiddle with the buttons, follow the instructions.

The manual at http://support.casio.com/storage/en/...009/qw5146.pdf shows this:

Name:  ga 110.png
Views: 4271
Size:  123.9 KB

Short version:

1) Set the home city.

2) Then set the other settings -- DST off, 12 or 24 hour format, then the time and date.

3) Once you finish setting the time and date, press the upper left button again to exit the "settings" menu.

4) The hands SHOULD automatically circle around and match the digital time.
    Last edited by Mike K; February 9th, 2016 at 18:59.
    GaryK30 likes this.

It sounds like you need to start over, and start from the very beginning
    XP

great

will have to do that later then. Have to actually work for the rest of the school day, and then finish taking a test after school, so I won't be able to try it again for another 3 hours.

Explanations can be hard sometimes on here, haha. But hopefully Mike K has gotten you set up well enough to get the time reset!

Sometimes the Ana-digi's can be tricky, but once you get it, you got it! ;)

Best of luck!

will have to do that later then. Have to actually work for the rest of the school day, and then finish taking a test after school, so I won't be able to try it again for another 3 hours.
    It's only a total of ten steps, with very few choices along the way, but as you've seen they need to be done in the right order for it to work correctly!

City code -- lots to choose from, but only one or two can be correct.
    Daylight Savings Time -- "on" or "off" depending on where you are at the time.
    12 or 24 hour format
    Seconds, minutes, hour, year, month, day
    Backlight illumination -- choice of one or three seconds

Then it starts over again, unless you press the CORRECT button to exit. It should only take a minute or two, but if you're in a hurry it would be easy to push the wrong buttons at the end and accidentally change the city code AGAIN, which would leave the watch wrong by exactly a few hours and zero minutes.
    GaryK30 likes this.

It's only a total of ten steps, with very few choices along the way, but as you've seen they need to be done in the right order for it to work correctly!

City code -- lots to choose from, but only one or two can be correct.
    Daylight Savings Time -- "on" or "off" depending on where you are at the time.
    12 or 24 hour format
    Seconds, minutes, hour, year, month, day
    Backlight illumination -- choice of one or three seconds

Then it starts over again, unless you press the CORRECT button to exit. It should only take a minute or two, but if you're in a hurry it would be easy to push the wrong buttons at the end and accidentally change the city code AGAIN, which would leave the watch wrong by exactly a few hours and zero minutes.
    Sorry that I haven't replied, internet's been out of commission for maintenance.

Still not fixed, but I will continue to work on it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information