Need help/tutorial on setting up new 8900.....
Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By Rocat
  • 1 Post By Chrisek
  • 1 Post By supawabb
  • 1 Post By stratg5

Thread: Need help/tutorial on setting up new 8900.....

Need help/tutorial on setting up new 8900.....

I've already tried Google and You-tube (as well as the stickies here) hoping for some better (clearer) instruction on setting this thing up. This tiny "Cracker Jack-prize" of an instruction booklet is infuriating. I got a solar ana-digi watch for my brother's birthday recently, and after a frustrating 30 minutes I (sorta) figured that one out and got the time set, but this time I'm stumped.
    Any help is appreciated.

Re: Need help/tutorial on setting up new 8900.....

Hop over to Casiousa.com and plug in the module number. That's what I do on all my watches. That way I can make the words as big as necessary.
    Bladerunner707 likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

Thanks rocat, I may try that, but I'm still fiddling with the little booklet,for the moment. Anyway, I managed to get the time set right, as well as the date, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get the day correct (it seems determined to stay on "Friday"). I'm diving back in......

(edit) FWIW, now I got the 4 time zones set, for NYC,London,Tokyo, and LA (at least that's what I THINK I did, LOL!) Still working on the day of the week....
    Last edited by Bladerunner707; January 22nd, 2014 at 17:49.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Check the year. That will throw off your day of the week as it sets it by date. Enjoy your new watch!

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Blade, hold down the adjust button till the time starts to blink, hit the mode button until the date comes up. Change the date to (today is January 22) and when you hit adjust to set the time the day should be correct. IF,and I say IF the correct day does NOT appear, odds are you do not have the year set correctly.

"THAT'S A BINGO!!" You guys called it, it was the year. Consulted the manual for a minute, then got 'er dialed right in, and we're bangin' on all cylinders now!!
    BTW,it was set on 2010 (man, I sure hope this battery isn't that old and running on fumes,LOL). I would think so, considering this vendor seems to move through stock pretty quickly. Is it normal for the year to be off that much on a new watch?
    Anyway, thanks again to all for chiming in and tolerating yet another of my dopey,newb posts !!

Quote Originally Posted by Bladerunner707 View Post
    "THAT'S A BINGO!!" You guys called it, it was the year. Consulted the manual for a minute, then got 'er dialed right in, and we're bangin' on all cylinders now!!
    BTW,it was set on 2010 (man, I sure hope this battery isn't that old and running on fumes,LOL). I would think so, considering this vendor seems to move through stock pretty quickly. Is it normal for the year to be off that much on a new watch?
    Anyway, thanks again to all for chiming in and tolerating yet another of my dopey,newb posts !!
    I'm pretty sure all of the new watches I've bought have had the year set as 2010, I think they come out of the factory that way. I was worried about the same thing but it's a continuing trend. Either they are starting them at 2010 or selling old stock!

Thread Information