Need opinion on GW5600BCJ-1

Thread: Need opinion on GW5600BCJ-1

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need opinion on GW5600BCJ-1

ok, ok.... am feeling the need for a 5600 and short of Buzzbait's sexy custom mod, I'm thinking on the current GW5600BCJ-1... appreciate your pro/con opinions of this piece :thanks

Re: Need opinion on GW5600BCJ-1

Quote Originally Posted by Sammy View Post
    ok, ok.... am feeling the need for a 5600 and short of Buzzbait's sexy custom mod, I'm thinking on the current GW5600BCJ-1... appreciate your pro/con opinions of this piece :thanks
    Well, it's actually the only 5600 series model that I'd actually want to have on my wrist because (a) I like its looks and (b) it has a more useful pixel grid in the date window.

I prefer the standard 5600 and the G-5600.

The GW version, like all waveceptors, is compromised in terms of functionality (time visible in all modes, 24 hour countdown timer, etc). The G-5600 shares some of these shortcomings too. I also don't go for reverse displays.

It depends on your priorities.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I have the bcj. One thing to know: for some reason every website that advertises this model says it has a 1000 hour stopwatch. It does not. It is, rather, a 24 hour stopwatch and a 60 minute CDT. Ok, other than that I like this watch a lot. The face is difficult to read in just about all lighting circumstances, but I don't mind that. The band is a combination of some metal pieces that join resin links. The weight this adds is nice. You can also adjust the links yourself quite easily. The resin links, however, do `feel' a bit cheap. Mine synchs perfectly each night and hasn't dropped its charge below High yet. The buttons are sunk in a bit and can be finicky to get at. Overall, a really nice watch. I love the 5600 series and would like to get a `regular' faced one. Good luck.

It has a "new updated look" on a retro design.

good feedback... am curious about the 'blended' bracelet... makes it look neater.

Am thinking of using this as my work watch to be worn under sleeves... would just about fit, I suspect... short of my yelow polygon, all my other G's can't fit

good feedback... am curious about the 'blended' bracelet... makes it look neater.

Am thinking of using this as my work watch to be worn under sleeves... would just about fit, I suspect... short of my yelow polygon, all my other G's can't fit

A good enough reason to buy new G-Shocks.
    I like this model as well, but I don't think I can source it here in Singapore

For myself (tongue-in-cheek of course)
    1. Does not match the colour of my shoes - need a new watch
    2. Clashes with the colour of my work attire - need a new watch
    3. A watch for different days of the week? - need a new watch

Picture Re: Need opinion on GW5600BCJ-1

Not much more to say about legibility, it's not so good in low light. However, I really like this watch anyway...the display looks very cool during the day, and I'm really a bracelet guy at heart. I generally find bracelets to be more comfortable because I can usually achieve a better fit than with a strap.

Personally I really like the metal and resin bracelet links. The bracelet looks cool, is lightweight, super easy to adjust (uses springbars for all connections), and you don't have to worry about scratching it up (at least not the resin part anyway). I've read that the ion plating on the center links will scratch but I've had no problems with mine to date.

Here is a detail of a shot I took. I reduced the size, but if you want a bigger pic let me know and I will post.

Cheers

Jim

Quote Originally Posted by jhm3 View Post
    Not much more to say about legibility, it's not so good in low light. However, I really like this watch anyway...the display looks very cool during the day, and I'm really a bracelet guy at heart. I generally find bracelets to be more comfortable because I can usually achieve a better fit than with a strap.

Personally I really like the metal and resin bracelet links. The bracelet looks cool, is lightweight, super easy to adjust (uses springbars for all connections), and you don't have to worry about scratching it up (at least not the resin part anyway). I've read that the ion plating on the center links will scratch but I've had no problems with mine to date.

Here is a detail of a shot I took. I reduced the size, but if you want a bigger pic let me know and I will post.

Cheers

Jim
    Thanks, Jim for the close-up... appears to be the same construction as the bracelet on my G-7300 with springbars on all links... agree the bracelet (vs strap) does appear to be neater when worn under sleeves

Quote Originally Posted by Statius View Post
    I have the bcj. One thing to know: for some reason every website that advertises this model says it has a 1000 hour stopwatch. It does not. It is, rather, a 24 hour stopwatch and a 60 minute CDT. Ok, other than that I like this watch a lot. The face is difficult to read in just about all lighting circumstances, but I don't mind that. The band is a combination of some metal pieces that join resin links. The weight this adds is nice. You can also adjust the links yourself quite easily. The resin links, however, do `feel' a bit cheap. Mine synchs perfectly each night and hasn't dropped its charge below High yet. The buttons are sunk in a bit and can be finicky to get at. Overall, a really nice watch. I love the 5600 series and would like to get a `regular' faced one. Good luck.
    Did not realize the limitations of the 60 min CDT... not a show stopper though... I suspect this is consistent for other GW ranges as well.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information