Hi everyone, I think it's first time for me to post a thread in G-Shock forum.
I'm soon going into the army. I am looking for a watch I could take with me, and I thought G-Shocks were a must to take a look at first.
I narrowed my personal choices down to 2 G-Shocks and there is 1 G-Shock recommended to me by a website.
AWG-M100-1ACR, Aw-591-2Aer are my personal choices,
GD350-8 G is the one I found when was in a search for "Best Military G-Shock".
Function wise, the GD one seems like to be an obvious winner, but to me it just looks so ugly when I searched for wrist shots. I myself like dress watches without complicated dials in general, maybe that is why my personal two choices are analog style and quite clean (maybe not the second one, but I picked it because of the color). Obviously, if I had to choose between the two, I would pick the first blue one. It looks so good....
QUALITIES I AM LOOKING FOR
0. (PREFERABLY) ANALOG DISPLAY. I don't care much for digital time display, although if it fits all criteria below, I will have to take it.
1. STEALTH ALARM. Stealth alarm would be lovely, as I need to wake myself up quite often early in the morning like 5:30~6:00 am-ish. I hope I can actually wake up from it though. I'm a heavy sleeper...
2. LEGIBILITY IN DARK OR IN EXTREME BRIGHTNESS. So many reviews about how the watch was impossible to read. Ideally I would like to be able to easily set up alarm function while in total dark, but if that is asking for too much, perfect legibility on the current time in dark is good enough.
3. SHOCK RESISTANT. I'm not in a navy, but in an army, so SR would be more important to me than WR. I will go through some pretty heavy training involving crawling in mud / up the mountain, etc, and sadly no G-Shock offers sapphire glass, so I think I will have to prioritize myself in finding one with good SR.
4. SIZE. I do not have a big wrist - 16 cm, which is about 6.3" apparently. Therefore I think I need one that is not TOO big (case diameter less than 48mm preferred, but again, if it fits all criteria above, I will have to take it).
5. BATTERY. Anything over 3 years is fine, but it should have a life more than 3 years FOR CERTAIN. Plus, I don't want a solar powered one. I will go into a training once in a while but most of the time I will be working inside an office, with computers.
ALL OTHER FEATURES ARE NOT NECESSARY.
Water resistance, it should be enough to withstand the rain, 100m perhaps, I think that isn't a problem cuz most watches have that.
Stuff like GMT is TOTALLY unneeded.
If you guys have any that come up in mind, please do share!
Thank you in advance, gentlemen!