Need some advice
Like Tree1Likes

Thread: Need some advice

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need some advice

Hello All,

I'm interested in getting the GW-A1000 and found two online e-tailers. One is about $70 more than the other but with the documentation they provide I can get warranty work done in my country if the case may arise. Does anyone think it's worth it to go with the higher price with peace of mind in warranty or go with the lower one since these watches are pretty durable? Mind you I've had a Tissot for over 5 years and never had a problem with it.

tia
    Last edited by tcc13; September 20th, 2012 at 18:58.

Re: Need some advice

Anyone?? :(

IMHO, this question is right up there with "does this _____ make me look fat?" (The closest thing to a "right answer" to that one is to not be anywhere in the area when the question gets asked.)

I don't know how warranty work is done in Canada, I'm not sure why one e-tailer is providing documentation when the other isn't, and the only warranty work I've had to have done on a wristwatch in 20 years was on a Timex, who seemed happy enough with my Ebay "receipt" for the date of purchase to send me a brand new replacement. Have you specifically ASKED the less expensive seller about documentation?

If your luck is anything like mine, you could pay the extra money and have a watch that NEVER needs work, or you could save the money and have a watch that breaks a month after you get it, with a repair cost well over the amount of money you just saved.

I guess the big question becomes "is YOUR peace of mind worth $70?"
    Mattias likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Thanks for the reply Mike.

I had emailed Casio Canada about warranty work if the watch was purchased from abroad and all they said was that the invoice/sales receipt had to have date purchased, name of store and price. I did inquire the lesser expensive e-tailer about the required info and they replied "No, nothing will be provided".

at that price point $70 is merely academic, for the piece of mind it may be well worth it
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

Quote Originally Posted by tcc13 View Post
    I had emailed Casio Canada about warranty work if the watch was purchased from abroad and all they said was that the invoice/sales receipt had to have date purchased, name of store and price. I did inquire the lesser expensive e-tailer about the required info and they replied "No, nothing will be provided".
    I would think that if you're purchasing something from an online retailer, that there would HAVE to be some sort of electronic "paper trail" of the purchase through e-mail and/or the method which with you're making the payment -- credit card, PayPal or the like -- which would show the date, amount, and the recipient of the funds (the store). Unless your receipt is supposed to be printed upon the payee's embossed stationary, would that be enough for Casio Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by Mike K View Post
    I would think that if you're purchasing something from an online retailer, that there would HAVE to be some sort of electronic "paper trail" of the purchase through e-mail and/or the method which with you're making the payment -- credit card, PayPal or the like -- which would show the date, amount, and the recipient of the funds (the store). Unless your receipt is supposed to be printed upon the payee's embossed stationary, would that be enough for Casio Canada?
    I never thought about it that way. I just emailed CC back so I'll see what they say.

If you can't get it, for a watch that expensive, I would just pay more just incase.

Yah, I was thinking of doing that but I've found some other stores (Seiyah, Chino) for lesser price and emailed them the question. Hopefully I'll get a reply soon.
    Last edited by tcc13; September 21st, 2012 at 03:40.

oh they are all good vendors. Chino seems to usually have the best prices. Katsu Higuchi is also very reliable.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information