Need Some GW-5000 help
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Need Some GW-5000 help

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Confused Need Some GW-5000 help

Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a GW-5000-1JF from Seiya-san. I have a few questions though.

1. I see that Seiya has spare bezels and bands and hardware. What is the difference between the GW-5000-1JF and the GW-5000B-1JR bezels and straps? Is it just the brightness of the bezel paint and the DLC coated buckle on the strap?
    2. I can use DW-5600E bands, bezels, strap adapters and face protectors on the GW-5000?
    3. Can anybody think of any logical reason for a G-Shock screwback fan to not buy one of these watches? The GW-5000 has been my grail watch since it came out. Are there any serious functional complaints about this model? I've heard that the DLC caseback can be sticky, but I can work around that. It looks like the module has no current time in stopwatch or CDT mode, but I can live with that also.

Re: Need Some GW-5000 help

1. The resin is identical, the letters of the GW-5000B bezel are darker than the gw-5000. The strap is identical except that the buckle is dlc coated.

2. Yes for all.

3. The buttons are a bit harder to press than the 5600e but I wouldn't consider a functional issue. Another logical reason is the GW-M5610 has an identical module for much cheaper but no screwback. I think right now is the best time to buy a new gw-5000 because the yen is cheaper than say a year ago.
    pocky likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Buzzbait View Post
    Hi all,

I'm about to pull the trigger on a GW-5000-1JF from Seiya-san. I have a few questions though.

1. I see that Seiya has spare bezels and bands and hardware. What is the difference between the GW-5000-1JF and the GW-5000B-1JR bezels and straps? Is it just the brightness of the bezel paint and the DLC coated buckle on the strap?
    2. I can use DW-5600E bands, bezels, strap adapters and face protectors on the GW-5000?
    3. Can anybody think of any logical reason for a G-Shock screwback fan to not buy one of these watches? The GW-5000 has been my grail watch since it came out. Are there any serious functional complaints about this model? I've heard that the DLC caseback can be sticky, but I can work around that. It looks like the module has no current time in stopwatch or CDT mode, but I can live with that also.
    I believe the answers to 1 and 2 are Yes.

3. No reason not to get one. Soft strap is uber-comfortable. Tiny nit-pick - buttons are short and take getting used to...no biggie. Go for it,

Last edited by yankeexpress; December 28th, 2013 at 03:37.
    Today would be a good day to delete your Facebook account:

Here is why:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f73/fa...l#post48047643

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Hi all,

[*]I see that Seiya has spare bezels and bands and hardware. What is the difference between the GW-5000-1JF and the GW-5000B-1JR bezels and straps? Is it just the brightness of the bezel paint and the DLC coated buckle on the strap?[*]I can use DW-5600E bands, bezels, strap adapters and face protectors on the GW-5000?[*]Can anybody think of any logical reason for a G-Shock screwback fan to not buy one of these watches? The GW-5000 has been my grail watch since it came out. Are there any serious functional complaints about this model? I've heard that the DLC caseback can be sticky, but I can work around that. It looks like the module has no current time in stopwatch or CDT mode, but I can live with that also.
    go for it!

It is a great watch and still the one I wear most.

Some people think the buttons are a bit hard to press but it doesnt bother me. you are right about the differences between 5000b and 5000 resins. and yes you can use 5600e bezels and bands (which I actually prefer because they feel more rugged than the super soft gw-5000 resins.)

Your description of the 5000 and 5000B spare resin is correct. The DLC buckle is nice and I prefer it to the standard silver. I can't think of any reasons personally. I don't have issue at all with the stickiness that some describe. The buttons are harder to press than any other square that I'm aware of. Again, I know some have a problem with this but it doesn't bother me at all. I would really like time in STW and CDT but as you correctly describe it doesn't have it. Deal breaker? Not for me, go for it!

Thank you everybody!!!!

One GW-5000 is ordered, along with two spare bezels, two spare straps, and some spare spring bars and screws to boot.

I've almost exclusively been wearing a GW-5600J for years now. The smaller size and understated aesthetics suit me quite well. I love the looks of the GW-5600J, and am very happy that the GW-5000 looks so incredibly similar. Overall, it seems that the GW-5000 will be an overall upgrade to the GW-5600. I finally get to wear a screwback version, with day and date on the face of the watch!!!
    idkfa, Fer Guzman, Sub4 and 4 others like this.

As far as buttons go, I never had much of an issue with the G-9000 buttons, so the GW-5000 should be a piece of cake.

I really like my GW-5600J. A lot. In fact, I bought it in an effort to satiate my desire to get the GW-5000. It didn't work...

You are going to love the 5000. I take it off from time to time just to look at the caseback. The screen and solar panel are also very understated, it is a very mature and professional looking watch.

EDIT: And the mandatory watch pic:

EDITx2: If you are the kind of person who wants to strip off the bezel and gaze at its naked DLC form, be careful with the screws. Casio used a bunch of thread tape on mine, I ended up rounding all four screw heads trying to get them out. It was an expensive ($26 for screws and bars from Seiya) lesson to learn.
    Last edited by idkfa; December 28th, 2013 at 04:03.
    Chrisek likes this.

And if by chance you stumble across a GW-5000B for sale, go for it, these are super rare these days. I've been searching for months now..

As far as buttons go, I never had much of an issue with the G-9000 buttons, so the GW-5000 should be a piece of cake.
    Congrats on the order! Haha you'll be fine then the g9000 buttons are worse.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information