Need some simple and easy Swap Mod's for GW-6900F and GW-7900B

Thread: Need some simple and easy Swap Mod's for GW-6900F and GW-7900B

Need some simple and easy Swap Mod's for GW-6900F and GW-7900B

I've got these two now (one is actually stuck in Texas), but I was thinking of doing some simple swap mods to these.

The GW-7900b...I've already done a stormtrooper mod and I liked it, but don't want to do it again. I'd love to have a bit of yellow on the black, but not too much... or maybe even an orange G lettering on the button and on the bezel. I'm a bit colorblind, and am going batty on trying to figure out which models might have those colors. I have read that switching the G (5th button) is an exercise in patience!
    the watch for reference:

For the GW-6900F, I like the white, but I know it's scuffed...seeing as how I'd probably replace it, why not make something unique? Maybe the bezel and band from the new bluetooth models?
    Stock:

this is a blue/grey?

electric/royal blue?

Any other ideas?

Thanks for your time,
    Neil

Re: Need some simple and easy Swap Mod's for GW-6900F and GW-7900B

I like the idea of swapping the bezels and straps, but the only part showing up in the PacParts database -- for any of the GB- and GB-X6900's -- is the strap. Perhaps the bezels aren't available yet because they're relatively new models?

I know that the DW-6900 bezels are NOT interchangeable with the bezels from the G- and GW-6900's ( https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-s...-377860-3.html ) -- now I'm wondering if the GB- uses either one of those or if it's a new and different third size.

According to the "Technical Specs" on the Casio site, the GB-X6900 (the bright blue one in your pictures) is the same size as the non-Bluetooth GD-X6900 -- which Casio calls "The new series of oversized classic 6900 models...."

I haven't really paid attention to the threads here talking about those, but I thought people were saying they were 10-15% larger, which suggests that even if the GB-X bezels WERE available, they wouldn't fit a GW-6900 anyhow.

As soon as I posted, I was searching and most of the bands, bezels I would want to use are not available. I might have to buy one, and swap modules or swap parts... I don't understand why a G-6900CC for instance is less than $100 but the atomic version is $250-$300. The atomic module is cheap in a white,yellow or black GW-6900.... and I'm sure the guts are the same...

sheesh!

Neil

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by solar g-shocker View Post
    I don't understand why a G-6900CC for instance is less than $100 but the atomic version is $250-$300. The atomic module is cheap in a white,yellow or black GW-6900.... and I'm sure the guts are the same...
    If you're talking about complete watches, the answer is mostly because of "supply and demand."

The black, "basic" version of the GW-6900-1 is $81 with shipping on Amazon this week, far less than the $130 suggested retail price.

Google shopping can't even find the yellow GW-6900A-9 because it's so scarce these days, but the ones I was considering last summer were well over the retail price.

If I remember right (and I don't really follow "JDM" models) the G(W)-6900CC were Japanese-only versions, which means that sellers on Rakuten know they're selling quite a few to collectors who are willing to pay too much.

Thread Information