Need a sticky about strap adapters!
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: Need a sticky about strap adapters!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Need a sticky about strap adapters!

Im new to the forum but have been lurking for a little while. This is one thing I see come up so often it seems like it should be a sticky entitled "Read before you post about strap adapters"

I had to do a ton of research to find that I could order the strap adapters direct from casio. Call the 1-800-223-2001 and order direct. The part number I had found was #74243710 which I ordered direct and only paid $9.51 total for 4 pcs (individually sold) and shipping. I also notice a different adapter that could be used (10071609) in many of these strap projects also. G2300B Cover / End Piece Casio Watches and Replacement WatchBands | Casio Sales and Service

This does not even begin to cover the use of the Pathfinder types for other G's that Ive seen done.

Basically what I propose is for this sticky to have more info than the standard mod/strap pics we see. Please post what brand of strap adapter was used, part number if possible and of course pictures. Lets make this easy for all of us who want to do a strap mod.

So what are your thoughts on this idea? Be gentle....

Re: Need a sticky about strap adapters!

I agree. This topic always show up from time to time. It should be a kind of a resource. But instead on a sticky, it can be in the tutorial forum
    Articles & Tutorials

Here are my collections on this topic:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/doe...ps-523311.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-s...se-603330.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/ga-...on-670060.html
    https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/g-s...ve-564014.html
    Last edited by GShockMe; April 20th, 2012 at 23:54. Reason: Change sugession from sticky to tutorial

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

LOL, funny but it was one of your pics on the GA 100 Zulu strap conversion that made me want to do mine.

Casio was pretty slow about getting my adapters out, but as soon as they are in I will post my new Bond Nato Strap set up on my GA 100. (Along with part#'s)
    GShockMe likes this.

I agree with G-Shock Me. I'm not a fan of stickies. Of course there are important matters that require a sticky, but the more stickies, the less readable the forum will be, simply if I had honored all sticky request, we all have to start at page 2 for new posts.

As for the adaptors, the G-2300 adaptors are different than tve old usual adaptors, as were used for the DW-6900, DW-8800, DW- 00X, etc. The G-2300 adaptors are more streamlined, to fit the form of the G-2300 lines. I think similar adaptors were used for a G-2900 model too.

Cheers,

Sjors

Sent using Tapatalk!
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

So here is the result of my strap change out.

I got the strap adapters from Casio by calling 1-800-223-2001. They were $1.69 each (sold individually) with $2.75 shipping and they charged .88 tax. The part is called a COVER/END PIECE and here is the part# 74243710.

The 24mm Bond Nato strap is from Amazon from a vendor Clockwork Synergy, LLC. It was $11.95 + $2.95 shipping. I was not very impressed with the strap. Very thin and the area designed to hold the watch is about 3/8" too small to go around the outside edge of the adapter so it was ran underneath the watch behind the adapter.

Very happy with the results and super comfortable. So no sticky..... oh well, maybe this will at least get everyone thinking. Maybe we can put a bit more info into our posts with part numbers, information, etc.
    Name:  dsc02910.jpg
Views: 2763
Size:  90.2 KB

Very nice mod ant thanks for the part number. I always use the Maratac brand ZULU/NATO straps. The quality of this brand is the best from my (limited) experience.

Ive heard good things about the Maratac. Will be my first choice in my next mod.
    Last edited by DMD123; April 22nd, 2012 at 00:20. Reason: Spelling

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

what about different colours? anyone know info on different colour adapters
    ive seen grey and blue so far.. interested in some nicer colours ie yellow, red

Hello,

I am new to the site and at the risk of asking a redundant question, does anyone know where I can get strap adapters for a G-Sh0ck GW-4000 Aviation watch. I have looked everywhere and nothing. Is it too new? Please, any help would be greatly appreciated.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information