Negative display on green G-9000

Thread: Negative display on green G-9000

Negative display on green G-9000

For those of you who have this colour.. is the negative display easy or hard to read??!!

Re: Negative display on green G-9000

Quote Originally Posted by Devori
    For those of you who have this colour.. is the negative display easy or hard to read??!!
    Hi Dev,

In flesh the negative display is hard to read. The display is just as dim as the RB mudman. Maybe slightly brighter.

Here is a photo of the green which i bought for Sjors. I took this pic without flash on.

cheers~SKy

Has anyone try to put this negative display module into the gw9000 casing yet? I think I would make a nice combination, kind of like a real-black mudman. But of course, it won't be as nice/black as the real 8400 version.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: Negative display on green G-9000

Hi Devon,

In my opinion the negative displays are more a kind of stealth gagetery than it has a greater visabillity. I love negative displays nd therefore I must pay the price that they are somewhat harder to read. I think the green one is great, although I do not have it in the flesh. I have a DW-069 in the same color scheme and it's one of my latest favorite triple eyes model. On every new model you must get yourself aqcuaintenced with the functions and the display. Therefore it might take a little longer on this one, but I think if you are used to it, you will probably see time as easy as on a regular one (specially when you are in a well lit kitchen exploring fish guts:-D)

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Quote Originally Posted by Sjors
    Hi Devon,

In my opinion the negative displays are more a kind of stealth gagetery than it has a greater visabillity. I love negative displays nd therefore I must pay the price that they are somewhat harder to read. I think the green one is great, although I do not have it in the flesh. I have a DW-069 in the same color scheme and it's one of my latest favorite triple eyes model. On every new model you must get yourself aqcuaintenced with the functions and the display. Therefore it might take a little longer on this one, but I think if you are used to it, you will probably see time as easy as on a regular one (specially when you are in a well lit kitchen exploring fish guts:-D)

Cheers,

Sjors
    cosidering i spend close to 80 hours a week under floresent lighting.. i cant imagine a negative display would give me trouble. My g-8000 actually is clearer under this lighting than some Rays and frog displays!! Man o man those smelly fish guts!! The worst is when i have to descale whole fish befor i butcher!! {against the grain scraping motion..those scales fly all over the place.. and stick to every surface!! cleanup is usually awarded to the dish grunts... :-D

Laughing Re: Negative display on green G-9000

cosidering i spend close to 80 hours a week under floresent lighting.. i cant imagine a negative display would give me trouble. My g-8000 actually is clearer under this lighting than some Rays and frog displays!! Man o man those smelly fish guts!! The worst is when i have to descale whole fish befor i butcher!! {against the grain scraping motion..those scales fly all over the place.. and stick to every surface!! cleanup is usually awarded to the dish grunts... :-D
    :-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D:-D

Well, if you are used to a negative G-8000, almost evey negative display is good enough for you. It's the busiest one I have I think, and it was the hardest to get aqcuaintened with. Very cool watch though!

Cheers,

Sjors

There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Wink Re: Negative display on green G-9000

I now have mt green G-9000. Actually this negative display is the cleares I have ever seen. Although it's pretty dark in house now, since we try to keep the sun out, the temperatures are above 30ºC here (85ºF)!, the display stays very readable. A bit of the same conclusion as on the creamy white display. Very good readable!

Cheers,

Sjors

Thread Information