Negative Display mod Idea/Question...

Thread: Negative Display mod Idea/Question...

Negative Display mod Idea/Question...

I'm going to try a negative display mod on a 5600 soon and I had an idea, but don;t know if it's possible. Is there such thing as colored polarization film? Would it be possible to get say a red or blue piece of polarization film and change the color of the negative display? If so, would the numbers still show? Anybody have any expierence with this?

Re: Negative Display mod Idea/Question...

I don't recall seeing any before. I have seen mods with regular colored plastic that's not polarized though. You could maybe combine the two. But then it might the display less legible. Maybe someone else can chime in with more on this. I've never tried it.

As far as i know, on those displays the color is achieved by the one side reflective mirror under the display, if you add a colored fil, the color of teh positive display parts changes.

I do not know of coloured polarization fil, but it will exist as Casio has some models with coloured LCDs. Maybe someone pulled one of those apart?

Link to a thread with Display color modding:

https://forums.watchuseek.com/f43/dw-...od-406353.html

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Lowtech, thanks for the link. That steers me in the right direction and is exactly what I'm looking for. Hopefully I can make it work. From reading that, its my understanding that all I need is the colored film and not polarization film. Does that sound right? Has anyone else tried this?

Sent from the office of the reincarnated President of the Republic of Texas
    Hook 'Em!!

"One who is good at making excuses is seldom good at anything else." ---- A. Wiseman

If you just want to change the display color, then yes. Be careful when removing the reflective film - it is glued to the polarizing film on the back of the display and i removed taht polarizing film togehter with the reflecttive one accidently.

Thread Information