Negative Display mod for militarycolors Mudman?
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By kung-fusion

Thread: Negative Display mod for militarycolors Mudman?

Negative Display mod for militarycolors Mudman?

I have a JDM Military colors tan mudmann. I had no idea how much the star on the illumination would annoy me! I like the watch but the night time legiblity sucks. Does anyone think a negative display mod would help with that red star?
    Seiko Watches
    SKX007J
    SNGZ13K1
    SKX779K
    6139-6002

Re: Negative Display mod for militarycolors Mudman?

Quote Originally Posted by Lostinthewoods View Post
    I have a JDM Military colors tan mudmann. I had no idea how much the star on the illumination would annoy me! I like the watch but the night time legiblity sucks. Does anyone think a negative display mod would help with that red star?

NOOOOO! Don't do it!

-Home made negative displays are harder to read than factory produced negative displays in nearly all cases.
    -brown on black would probably be hard to read
    -you would still be able to see pieces of the star and that would bug you because they would be ON the numbers when the display is flipped
    -moonphase would be reversed

NOW... I hated the bird image on my military colors riseman. I was able to remove the display image. In the past, Casio used to print the image on a clear piece of cellophane type of material and place that gel behind the LCD. You could disassemble the LCD and take out the image gel and reassemble it easily. With the MIMC Riseman, the image was printed on a permanent part of the LCD. I had to take apart the LCD, use an acetone-soaked cotton Q-tip to carefully remove the printed image, and reassemble the LCD. It worked, and the Riseman now has no annoying image. YOu might want to try that, but it is careful surgery and do not blame me if you destroy the display
    lvt and Chrisek like this.

Re: Negative Display mod for militarycolors Mudman?

I have a g9000-1 mudman and was thinking about buying the LCD from the neg display mudman from casio. If they make that display for the module you have you could do that. Still investigating in that to see how hard it is to swap an LCD instead of doing polarizing film

Thread Information