Nerd Chic -- Casio G Shock G5600CC-2

Thread: Nerd Chic -- Casio G Shock G5600CC-2

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    Suspended

Nerd Chic -- Casio G Shock G5600CC-2

I admit it. Iím jealous of the kids who match their G Shocks with their caps, jerseys and sneakers. I just canít pull it off. Sure, anyone can buy and wear, but its the confidence I lack. An exchange that disappears with the extra decade of age. Maybe I could pull it off if I had a few drinks in me, but that would make the rest of the day a challenge. Maybe with an extra two decades I will have the confidence to simply not care what people think.

Then one day I saw the 5600 Crazy Colors models and made a wonderful observation. Yes, I can now finally accessorise with my G Shock. You see, the blue one is the same color as the Fisher Space Pen X-750 I just bought. So now I think Iím cool, in a nerd kinda way.

The watch is fantastic. Awesome blue with a cool shimmer to it. Not quite a metallic. Negative display with a blue field. The dial has a frame of black and gray pattern edged with a thin baby blue. Compared to the GWM, there is also a lot less words on the dial which looks good cuz like the instructions on the condom package, nobody actually reads those words anyway. Also noticed compared to the GWM the solar panel is smaller which gives some dial real estate back to some more meaningful decoration.

Some more pictures and comments here .

re: Nerd Chic -- Casio G Shock G5600CC-2

looks awesome
    G9100BP - GLX5600 (*4) - G5600 (*3) - GLS5600 - GWM5600 - G7710 - G2500 (*2) - SGW100

Good thing you're nerd chic, because I don't think I've seen a nerd with a harem!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Suspended

On no! Curse you google. LOL, I can't edit the title.

Re: Nerd Chic -- Casio G Shock G5600CC-2

Quote Originally Posted by nhoJ View Post
    On no! Curse you google. LOL, I can't edit the title.
    Fixed.
    I used to list my watches here until I realised it ruined people's Google searches...

After seeing these pictures, I order myself one, it looks awesome in the blue. you just cost me another watch by posting this

Awesome pics! I actually like the blue CC better but I already had a 5600 in blue so I got the green one. Had to have something to match my green shirts afterall

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by corsur View Post
    After seeing these pictures, I order myself one, it looks awesome in the blue. you just cost me another watch by posting this
    I cost you a watch sure, but think of what you are gaining.... ;)

I hope you like your's as much as I do mine. I thought I had given up G Shocks last year, keeping only my GWM5600, but when I saw this blue I was powerless.

Suspended

Quote Originally Posted by the1hatman View Post
    Awesome pics! I actually like the blue CC better but I already had a 5600 in blue so I got the green one. Had to have something to match my green shirts afterall
    I've thought about getting the green but I can't quite figure out what the display is. It doesn't look like a negative display like the blue. In some pictures it just looks like tinted positive display while others it looks like the digits are mirrored.

haha birds of a feather eh? I to love love fisher space pens. For us males with no pocketbooks a secure way to always have a pen on ya. so far over 2 years leak proof.. with benifits writng upside down etc......

I started with a chrome bullet, than got a lime green which matches my zombie slayer quite well. recently ordered a matte black and the burgundy-cherry red bullet space pen. Goes nice with my 6900 cherry red metallic face.

I will take some pics and post here when i get a chance

hmmm blue..... is a missing link for me!!!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information