New 5600 bezel doesn't match
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New 5600 bezel doesn't match

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New 5600 bezel doesn't match

I have a DW5600C and I bought the Brazilian bezel plus strap combo for it. However the strap quality is a little iffy, it's kinda flimsy and I'd prefer the original strap that came with the watch. I have the original strap and it's in great condition but it's kinda glossy with age, however the new bezel is a matte dark grey. Is there any way I can accelerate the process and make the bezel glossy to match the strap?

Re: New 5600 bezel doesn't match

Quote Originally Posted by Nato060 View Post
    I have a DW5600C and I bought the Brazilian bezel plus strap combo for it. However the strap quality is a little iffy, it's kinda flimsy and I'd prefer the original strap that came with the watch. I have the original strap and it's in great condition but it's kinda glossy with age, however the new bezel is a matte dark grey. Is there any way I can accelerate the process and make the bezel glossy to match the strap?
    You could try the opposite and roughen the surface of the strap with an eraser. I don't know a way to quickly shine up the bezel.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Shiny resin is usually caused by "rubbing against things like clothing" plus a wide array of everyday chemicals you may run across. (I always thought my first DW-5600 got shiny from perspiration and body oils plus some other chemicals.)

I know insect repellent and sunscreen can both cause "spots" on G-Shocks and eventually damage the resin, and I seem to recall them leaving shiny spots on my first G as well (long before I found this forum and learned to take my watch off before applying those things).

I'm not suggesting that you hose down your new bezel with either of those household chemicals, but if you're in a hurry to get the new bezel glossy in a hurry, you MIGHT want to gently dampen a cloth with one of those substances (or both) and then rubbing that into the bezel -- and then cleaning it thoroughly with soap and water afterwards!

(This reminds me of a few other non-watch forums I've read where people ask "how can I artificially 'age' or 'distress' my _____" and the answers always include a disclaimer like "these things DO age and damage _______ over time, but if you're doing it on purpose, go slow, take it easy, and if you overdo it don't blame me!" )

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Sedi View Post
    You could try the opposite and roughen the surface of the strap with an eraser. I don't know a way to quickly shine up the bezel.
    I think Sedi has the right idea!

There are a LOT of threads around here about "how to restore the matte finish" to older G's -- here's the most recent (which includes links to two other threads): https://forums.watchuseek.com/f17/how...ml#post7571057

Quote Originally Posted by Nato060 View Post
    Nothing to add I'm afraid, just wanted to say I love your avatar - best album of all time...
    yankeexpress and Nato060 like this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Nothing to add I'm afraid, just wanted to say I love your avatar - best album of all time...
    yankeexpress likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    Haha, thanks, that is one of the best.

Also, thanks for all the replies, I didn't think to refinish the strap to match the bezel, I just figured it would be easier to make the bezel glossy. I think I'll give the eraser idea a shot.

How long it take to get your bezel?

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by Yoda2005 View Post
    How long it take to get your bezel?

If I remember correctly it took around 3 weeks or so.

Ordered mine on 3/25 and finally might be getting mine today.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information