new aim

Thread: new aim

new aim

Hello Evereone,

I'm not a real G-Shock collector, I only have two G's in my collection - atomic rally mudman 9010 and basic DW-6900, and non G Casio hunting watch AMW-705B-1. By the way I never thought this fairly cheap watch can be so accurate - since I set up this watch with atomic mudman 2 months ago it didn't lost singe second!

Recently I realized that it's about time to extend my collection (am I getting addicted?!?), so the question is what to look for now?

After getting 6900 (that fits on my wrist perfectly) I prefer something not atomic, nor solar. I think the basic G is what I call the essence of G-Shock. So I started to consider something in that range:
    - DW5000SL - because of screw back;
    - negative 5600 - hmm, not sure if negative display will agree with me, but you never know until you try;
    - G 7900 3ER - it has someting what's really touching my heart. Can't name it now, but I think it's his "bad look".

What would you add to this list above?

P.S. Who else went my way and bought muddie and 6900 afterwards? What were yours 3 first G's?

Attached Images Attached Images

Re: new aim

Hi...welcome to the G-Shock forums.

I have the DW5000SL and I say that this or the 5600E is the essence of G-Shock with the 5600E in first place but the Spike Lee not so far behind.

I think you got it just right with a 5XXX series in mind. You choose, the original looking DW5000SL Spike Lee or the popular 5600E with the watch face that virtually everyone thinks is what a G-Shock looks like.

edit: My 3 first G's...DW5600(back in jr. high school), then the DW5600E(just because I can't find a screwback 5600 NOS at a decent price), DW6900MS(too dark LCD). But right now I only have the DW5000SL.
    Last edited by tirat; October 4th, 2009 at 20:30. Reason: add my first G's....

hi, welcome to the forum.

if you can find a spike lee, go for it! it's a sort-of limited edition, has that classic shape, and is usually a great price. sounds like you have a nice little collection forming up. also, the g7900 is so different from your other watches that i think you should get both it and the spike lee.

my first three g-shocks... gwm5625e-7, gw5525a-1, gw5600bc-1. and after going through a bunch of other designs, that initial fondness for the classic form remains. [now 3 gwm5600s, 2 gw5500s and 1 gw5000]

cool module on that hunting timer, by the way. very different design that most g-shocks.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by a-Tom-ic View Post
    cool module on that hunting timer, by the way. very different design that most g-shocks.
    I wish my 6900 was so acurate... Well the only negative think i can tell about my hunting timer is that mineral glass is poor protected. In fact it is not protected at all, so after 2 years of wearing it is damaged in several places on the edge because glass protrudes maybe 0.3 - 0.4 mm over the case.

I'm going to replace it when battery will die.

Thread Information