New all black Armitron digital
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: New all black Armitron digital

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New all black Armitron digital

Fans of classic Casio digitals and other non-G Casios might like this new one from Armitron. I got it at Walmart. They also had the greenish model like in the pic linked below. I bought the all black model.
    Model 40/8247.

Google Image Result for http://www.watchallure.com/images1/30/Armitron-40-8247lgn-Armitron-Digital-Sport-Collection-Watch_1_30_0.jpg
    ShockMister

Re: New all black Armitron digital

For those too lazy to 'click'...

Name:  Armitron-40-8247lgn-Armitron-Digital-Sport-Collection-Watch_1_30_0.jpg
Views: 2271
Size:  78.4 KB
    Fer Guzman likes this.
    Never argue with an idiot - they'll only bring you down to their level and win from experience...

GW7900B (Stealth modded), GW7900CD-9ER (slightly modded), G7900A-7ER (Camo modded) G7900MS-1BDR, GW2500BD, ProTrek PRG 60YT (RIP), Chase Durer Mach 3, 2 x Citizen Skyhawks (Black & Titanium), Citizen Carbon Promaster JY0075-54E, 2 x vintage Seiko Chronographs, Invicat Grand Diver, Citizen BL5280-52E. Casio GWA 1100-1AER, GWG 1000-1A3ER (J&K metal bracelet conversion). GA400...

Quote Originally Posted by StephenWatch View Post
    For those too lazy to 'click'...

Name:  Armitron-40-8247lgn-Armitron-Digital-Sport-Collection-Watch_1_30_0.jpg
Views: 2271
Size:  78.4 KB
    Thanks for the pic. I actually like this pic more than the all black one because it shows more of the detail of the case design. From a distance the black model looks kind of like the Casio W800, but slightly larger.
    ShockMister

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Looks like it can only display 12 hour time. Automatic dislike from me

Quote Originally Posted by Wally79 View Post
    Looks like it can only display 12 hour time. Automatic dislike from me
    Yes, I think it is just 12 hour AM and PM.
    ShockMister

Banned

There's just something about that name that's a buzz kill for me. I went to their website and they don't even show that watch!

Quote Originally Posted by Denver Guy View Post
    There's just something about that name that's a buzz kill for me. I went to their website and they don't even show that watch!
    I feel that way about their analog watches. But their digitals are right up there with the best in my opinion.

Yes, for some reason their website always seems to only show a portion of their current production watches. But I think that's true for many watch brands.
    Last edited by ShockMister; May 28th, 2012 at 04:33.
    ShockMister

I looks nearly identical to the classic Freestyle Shark watch of the 80's. I like Armitron watches, they actually make a quality watch, I have several of them, the only thing I can say about them is they never have anything original, everything is a spinoff of another brands watches.
    Experience is what you end up with when you didn't get what you wanted.

Quote Originally Posted by BREAKWATER View Post
    I looks nearly identical to the classic Freestyle Shark watch of the 80's. I like Armitron watches, they actually make a quality watch, I have several of them, the only thing I can say about them is they never have anything original, everything is a spinoff of another brands watches.
    I understand where you are coming from but I disagree on both points. I thought it resembled a Freestyle Shark at first, but now I think it's more like a Casio. (It's the first Armitron I've seen that I could say this about.)

But I also think that they have a lot of innovative designs in their digital watches that are nothing like other brands. I have seen a lot more red colors and unique designs with this brand than with any other. For many years before I ever bought an Armitron I thought of them as the "red" watch. And, I think that 90% of their digital styles are unlike any other watchmaker.

I also think that in 2001 there was a huge trend in grey/black plastic watches (along with other colored plastic digitals) that became quickly common and popular with the public, especially with Timex wearers. But I think that Armitron had been doing that for years. Up until that point there was very little color variation with digital watches. There were a few exceptions, but with Armitron it had been the norm.
    Last edited by ShockMister; May 28th, 2012 at 06:30.
    ShockMister

Fortaleza, Brazil. "The land of the sun" 30C /86F , all year long...

When it comes to digital watches, no other watch brand beats Casio.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information