New arrival! G7900-2DR
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: New arrival! G7900-2DR

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New arrival! G7900-2DR

Just un-boxed it this morning! This is my first G-Shock and I like it so far! (I purchased a 5600 earlier this year, but sent it back. Just wasn't me. This, however, is a keeper!) I was kinda concerned about the "wings" under the strap (wasn't sure how they would feel); but they stabilize the watch on my wrist and you don't even notice they are there. This will probably become my new "dive" watch. All of my dive gear is blue and yellow, now my watch will match as well!

Name:  10-22-13.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  271.9 KB
    Rocat, xevious, Usagi76 and 5 others like this.
    Deep Blue ProTac 1000 Diver
    Seiko SKX009 Diver
    Casio GW-9110 Gulfman G-Shock
    Citizen ProMaster Diver BN0150-28E

Re: New arrival! G7900-2DR

bought the same model & color combo 5 days ago... my first g, too.

cheers!!
    marcoszam likes this.

The 7900 is one of my favourite G-Shocks, love that colour combo, the splash of yellow makes all the difference.
    marcoszam likes this.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

lvt

I've heard only good things about this model
    marcoszam likes this.
    Ball - Casio (G-shock) - HMT - Longines - Parnis - Seagull - Steinhart - Tissot - Victorinox - Yema

DiveCon2007,

I also just added this one to my collection last week as well. It goes with my G7900-1. I love the feature set of this model, same as my G9000 but with moon/tide phase. I am actually on Ebay, Amazon , and WUS sales forum trying to decide between the G7900-3 or the G7900A-4. I am leaning toward the green one since they are harder to find.

Again, you will love the comfort, feature set and of course the color. It was a darker, deeper blue than I was expecting, but it is nice.

Have a great day,
    marcoszam likes this.
    Casio/ Citizen/ G-Shock/ Pro Trek/ Seiko

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Congrats, DiveCon.
    Quote Originally Posted by lvt View Post
    I've heard only good things about this model
    Yeah, nothing you could really fault, except for my only pet peeve--the alarm could be louder.

Not many G-Shocks have individual alarm indicators. Nicely done on this one.

I didn't care for the yellow wings on mine, as they made the watch sit up higher on my wrist than I liked. Originally I was going to replace them with black ones (instead of "loud yellow") but I removed them instead and then found screws for the holes left behind. Worked out great -- watch fits close to my wrist and feels comfortable.

Name:  G-7900MS_mod4.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  171.4 KB
    marcoszam and lvt like this.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon2007 View Post
    Just un-boxed it this morning! This is my first G-Shock and I like it so far! (I purchased a 5600 earlier this year, but sent it back. Just wasn't me. This, however, is a keeper!) I was kinda concerned about the "wings" under the strap (wasn't sure how they would feel); but they stabilize the watch on my wrist and you don't even notice they are there. This will probably become my new "dive" watch. All of my dive gear is blue and yellow, now my watch will match as well!

Name:  10-22-13.jpg
Views: 704
Size:  271.9 KB

I bought this watch in the last week, too. It is the same color!

Quote Originally Posted by xevious View Post
    Congrats, DiveCon.

Yeah, nothing you could really fault, except for my only pet peeve--the alarm could be louder.

Not many G-Shocks have individual alarm indicators. Nicely done on this one.

I didn't care for the yellow wings on mine, as they made the watch sit up higher on my wrist than I liked. Originally I was going to replace them with black ones (instead of "loud yellow") but I removed them instead and then found screws for the holes left behind. Worked out great -- watch fits close to my wrist and feels comfortable.

Name:  G-7900MS_mod4.jpg
Views: 583
Size:  171.4 KB
    Oh, I wish you hadn't shown me this MS model! I love the strap and colored wings combo! I REALLY don't need to buy anymore watches right now, but......"Resistance is Futile"
    marcoszam, xevious and jackhammer like this.
    Deep Blue ProTac 1000 Diver
    Seiko SKX009 Diver
    Casio GW-9110 Gulfman G-Shock
    Citizen ProMaster Diver BN0150-28E

Mine says hello... Got it last month after more than 3 years visiting and revisiting pics of the model... No regrets and love it all the way :)

This is the first pic from the day the little guy arrived (can see the date of that joyous day) -->

Hope you enjoy yours... Wear it well... Cheers!

Marcos :D

Sent from my HTC One S using Tapatalk
    Last edited by marcoszam; October 22nd, 2013 at 21:22.
    Rocat likes this.

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Quote Originally Posted by DiveCon2007 View Post
    Oh, I wish you hadn't shown me this MS model! I love the strap and colored wings combo! I REALLY don't need to buy anymore watches right now, but......"Resistance is Futile"
    There are blue and orange versions as well.
    I don't own any yellow resin covered watches, because my feeling is that it would be too "loud"... but the yellow accents on this one spoke to me. The hiding of the yellow on the inside of the band so it peeks out is a nice effect. It's also a curiosity in that the resin isn't black, but instead a very dark green. Also, the LCD background has a yellowish-green tint to it that compliments the whole theme really well. At first I wasn't sure about getting the ballistic nylon band. It's a bit of an oddity. But I warmed up to it. Only negative is that from what I've heard it takes a while for it to dry out if you take it swimming (best to take it off and thorough blot it with a towel). Yeah... "resistance is futile" has been my problem as well. CASIO makes so many attractive designs and feature combinations that it's hard not to collect a whole bunch.
    Last edited by xevious; October 22nd, 2013 at 22:10.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information