The New Arrivals :)

Thread: The New Arrivals :)

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

The New Arrivals :)

Here they are then;

Raysman will need a clean-up but was advertised and used and it's in very good condition which has pleased me. Gaussie is nos.

Raysman really needs a charge but it's the usual British grey day today so he's under my desk lamp, best I can do

You can see the Gaussie's hour hand lagging behind in that shot too. It's just lined up with 8 at 8:07, still, none of us are perfect

So
    55 watches. 30 Casios. Appalling bank balance!

Re: The New Arrivals :)

Good luck charging that Raysman, takes a while to really get it to full :-D

Solar powered tank that just keeps on going B-)

Nice Gs you have there Pritch!

Cheers,
    MountainMike

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Wink Re: The New Arrivals :)

Hi Pritch,

Wow, a nice arrival that is. Note that with a desk lamp or grey weather it can take days (!) before an empty battery is fully charged!!! Some new owners in the past kept posting "mine is still not full charged". Just have patience. A full battery can keep the watch running for around 9 months in total dark! Note that the Raysman is my all time favorite. I believe it's Ozzie's too and there are probably other members here who love this model. When it was released it was a high tech novelty. Until that time there weren't solar watches that could charge with dim light and with so much storage capacity.

The Gaussman has a Hand Set function (H.Set). I actually had to do this yesterday too after a battery change. I think one of the batteries were not complete full, also some digits were very faint. (Note, the minute hand progresses 20 seconds steps (3 steps a minute) for fine adjusting. I believe there isn't a fine tune like the newer ana-digi models. Those models adjust automaticly if you are about a minute wrong.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Hi Sjors,

What I mean is, when the minute hand is at 12 exactly, the hour hand is some way behind it. So in that photo I took, you see it's coming up to 0800, but when it is at 0800 although the minute hand is correct, the hour hand is actually at about 0750 :-S

I think a jeweller has to adjust the hour hand, I was wondering if maybe you had seen this happen before? Check your analogue G's out and let me know! My PRG-60 and Cockpit have perfectly lined up hour hands

Also, you can tell me something else, I read in the manual that the Gaussman uses two silver oxide batteries, one for normal functions and one for backlight? This is surely unusual for g-shock? Have you tried replacing these, if so is it tricky?

Thanks! B-)

Hooray guys, the sun is actually out now! Time to let the raysman soak up the rays!

PS Sjors, I can see why it's your all-time favourite, it looks so cool in the flesh - I notice the strap is much thicker than the Gaussmans also, which surprised me. Even my fake frogman has a thicker strap than the Gauss B-)

I will say that the Gauss is light and comfortable to wear though for such a big watch.

Wink Re: The New Arrivals :)

Hi Pritch,

Can you read my mind? I actually changed batteries of a MIY Gaussman yesterday. I will post pics ot it on the How To sub-forum later as I haven't even got time to get properly dressed this morning

There are two batteries. Not sure which types (I als changed a Riseman and a Wademan and several others and they all needed different Batteries), but I took picture of the batteries next to the watches.

I have seen people remove hands on G-Shock's, bu I think this is very delicate matter. I actually try everything during a battery chance not to accidentelly lift the module out of the case, specially on ana-digitals and sensor models.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Was Japan, now back home in Cairns, Queensland, Australia

Nice photos Pritch and ya can't beat a RAYSMAN:gold

Hi Ozzie, I think I agree with you, there's a real perceptible quality about the Raysman that I feel about my Riseman too, as there should be with Masters of G!

It's been sat in the sun all day which has done it a power of good - now showing full charge when in the light and back to 4 when out, so will leave it until the sun literally goes down

I was a bit concerned when it arrived as it was totally flat and kept shutting down, even though the time and date were correct for Hong Kong, and I thought it might need a new battery, as it is getting on a bit now.

Hi Sjors, can't wait till you post those pics of the Gaussman's insides! Though I will probably not open this one up myself now still interested to see! B-)

Cheers

i dig the metal chapter ring on raysman for some strange reason :-D

Quote Originally Posted by stockae92
    i dig the metal chapter ring on raysman for some strange reason :-D
    Ha ha ha, so you have a strange fetish as well stockae92 :-D
    wongster
    +
    +++++++++++++++++++has+++++++++++++++++++
    Swatch Point Of View GZ146
    Seiko 1000m Darth Vader SBBN011
    Seiko 300m Tuna Can SBBN007