New Black Rangeman GW-9400BJ-1JF Pics - Page 2
Like Tree20Likes

Thread: New Black Rangeman GW-9400BJ-1JF Pics

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

New Black Rangeman GW-9400BJ-1JF Pics

Why is your rangeman shiny?
    Mine is not.

Blunderact
    Last edited by Blunderact; October 14th, 2013 at 05:27.
    fantom1981 and jumpstat like this.

Re: New Black Rangeman GW-9400BJ-1JF Pics

Very nice this one!

I really love the contrast between the black and that bright orange eye! makes it look like the eye is glowing like fire. I think we should nickname this version the black panther because of that intense eye and shiny blacker than black surface:

Name:  1267341_609413559122983_1565233667_o.jpg
Views: 7820
Size:  100.9 KB

This semi glossy finish is not the first time they have used it. They used the same on the Initial Blue Riseman and GA-113B. I think it looks great, it is a great way to achieve a blacker than black appearance that can not be achieved with a matt finish and yet not go full gloss. This coating does not indicate lower quality resin, it is just that they used a top coating with a different ratio between the polyethylene and Urethane to achieve a higher gloss and less foamy finish that is otherwise the standard for matt finish G's. I do not associate glossy finish with low quality. But I know some of you do and if you do then I guess it can be an issue but that is just a feeling and not an actual indicator of low quality plastics. Casio only use good quality stuff in their G's.
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    This semi glossy finish is not the first time they have used it. They used the same on the Initial Blue Riseman and GA-113B. I think it looks great, it is a great way to achieve a blacker than black appearance that can not be achieved with a matt finish and yet not go full gloss....
    Blacker than black that is at the same time actually brighter than black and can't be achieved with matt black? Sorry, but this doesn't make the slightest sense for me....

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Blunderact View Post
    Why is your rangeman shiny? Mine is not.
    Hmm, you have the Black Positive. I'm pretty certain (based on pics alone) it's not treated the same as the Black Negative. As one of the earlier posters mentioned, the finish or whatever it is is just blacker and shinier on the 9400BJ. Nice pictures by the way.

Very nice this one!

I really love the contrast between the black and that bright orange eye! makes it look like the eye is glowing like fire. I think we should nickname this version the black panther because of that intense eye and shiny blacker than black surface:

This coating does not indicate lower quality resin, it is just that they used a top coating with a different ratio between the polyethylene and Urethane to achieve a higher gloss and less foamy finish that is otherwise the standard for matt finish G's. I do not associate glossy finish with low quality. But I know some of you do and if you do then I guess it can be an issue but that is just a feeling and not an actual indicator of low quality plastics. Casio only use good quality stuff in their G's.
    That's an awesome picture that you put up there.

I also don't want anybody to get the wrong idea. Because of the shiner surface, I don't want anybody thinking it's lower quality. Aesthetically it just reminds me of cheap plastic; but I'm sure it's built or created to the exact same G-shock standards that we expect and with the carbon fiber insert it's probably at a higher quality standard that justifies the higher price.

This picture is now my tablet wallpaper :) Thanks!

Very nice this one!

Name:  1267341_609413559122983_1565233667_o.jpg
Views: 7820
Size:  100.9 KB

This semi glossy finish is not the first time they have used it. They used the same on the Initial Blue Riseman and GA-113B. I think it looks great, it is a great way to achieve a blacker than black appearance that can not be achieved with a matt finish and yet not go full gloss. This coating does not indicate lower quality resin, it is just that they used a top coating with a different ratio between the polyethylene and Urethane to achieve a higher gloss and less foamy finish that is otherwise the standard for matt finish G's. I do not associate glossy finish with low quality. But I know some of you do and if you do then I guess it can be an issue but that is just a feeling and not an actual indicator of low quality plastics. Casio only use good quality stuff in their G's.

Quote Originally Posted by cal..45 View Post
    Blacker than black that is at the same time actually brighter than black and can't be achieved with matt black? Sorry, but this doesn't make the slightest sense for me....

cheers
    It might seem like a contradiction. But it is impossible for a body denser than the light transfer medium it is in (in this case air) to be truly 100% pitch black. All black objects are in reality just very very dark greys. In order to achieve a blacker result you need to scatter away the light in a wider area and that is done by using a denser less porous surface (eg making it more glossy). By adding a more glossy "brighter" surface you accomplish two things to give that imagined pitch black result, you spread the light in a wider area which makes less light hit your retina, also you introduce glare coming from the object facets that are directed towards you eye so you will be slightly blinded by that. This will further enhance the experience of the blackness level of the object. So yes you need to increase the brightness of the surface in order to give the illusion of more pitch black surface, this is known as blacker than black.
    Last edited by Joakim Agren; October 16th, 2013 at 02:23.
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

It might seem like a contradiction. But it is impossible for a body denser than the light transfer medium it is in (in this case air) to be truly 100% pitch black. All black objects are in reality just very very dark greys. In order to achieve a blacker result you need to scatter away the light in a wider area and that is done by using a denser less porous surface (eg making it more glossy). By adding a more glossy "brighter" surface you accomplish two things to give that imagined pitch black result, you spread the light in a wider area which makes less light hit your retina, also you introduce glare coming from the object facets that are directed towards you eye so you will be slightly blinded by that. This will further enhance the experience of the blackness level of the object. So yes you need to increase the brightness of the surface in order to give the illusion of more pitch black surface, this is known as blacker than black.
    Thanks for the info. The beauty of science.

Blunderact

Anyone consider that the lighting used in the pictures is different. The picture of the black cat has lighting directly hitting the front of the LCD, illuminating the display more so than what is normally viewable unless direct light hits it. Also, it's plain obvious the black cat has a darker plastic cover.

"Cheers"
    KD

Fully trained and certified Desk Diver

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Thanks Joakim,

very nice physical explanation Although I may add that measuring the reflection intensity of a surface and how we recognize it are two different things. Personally I am not a fan of glossy or half glossy finishes at all, therefore a matt black surface as on the GA-100-A1 for instance is black enough for me

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

It might seem like a contradiction. But it is impossible for a body denser than the light transfer medium it is in (in this case air) to be truly 100% pitch black.
    Yes, you want to have as low a refractive index as possible. I think asking Casio to use metamaterials is pushing it a little, though!

Blacker Than Black: Darkest Manmade Material Ever Made

Notice how the blackest known material is porous and rough
    Last edited by rogerlike; October 16th, 2013 at 17:28.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information