New Casio, though not a G-Shock

Thread: New Casio, though not a G-Shock

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New Casio, though not a G-Shock

Hello, after reading this Friday's what's on your wrist thread, I saw the Casio Dive Watch (MDV102-1AV) and thought to myself, "I like that watch"

This evening my wife and I were at a local Sears store and I saw the watch for $55.96. I couldn't pass it up.

Re: New Casio, though not a G-Shock

I've eyed that one off myself. Insanely cheap. My only question was how well it held up to daily wear.

Good looker though.

welcome to the club!!

So far mine has held up well. But then again I am retentively careful with my stuff. It will get more of a beating in the summer... camping, beach, swimming etc. Obviously its not as durable as a G... but then again few watches really are.

I've been eye-ing this casio (also not a G). Its $62 at my local costco. I've been wanting a perpetual calendar / analog movement. IMHO it would look really good with a black 22mm NATO strap. I wonder if its a Mitoya in there? I find it kind of strange that Casio would contract Citizen as a movement supplier.

last week my co-worker had a severe case of food poisoning and fainted / rushed to the hospital. Thankfully hes OK... but half the EMT team that tended to him had this watch. It looked right at home on their wrists with all their other serious gear. They used it to time his breathing, pulse and other... uh... technical stuff that was beyond me.
    Last edited by kramer5150; February 17th, 2008 at 05:40.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

I just tried one on today at Wal-Mart. Really seemed nice, and if I had $50, I probably would have came home with it.

Ive posted this before... but IMHO it deserves a repeat.

catching some rays

case back

2-tone glow in the dark

my vid-review
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsC8X15-12s

That marlin logo is just so cool!

congratulations! nice to see my post was useful to your choice. the only critics i have for the watch so far is, that the band is too stuff, i got another one (citizen like) band - perfect. and i would prefer a non shining gloss finish. but hey, for the price, its still perfect. heavy stuff. i found a nice adverd for it:

there are some more marlin in this series, they are for asian market. and all the one with the marlin logo are screwback. cause casio also released the same watches without the marlin logo on european market and they are not screwback. i think about getting. i think about getting also this one, i like when the marlin and casio are on 3 o clock position:

i love marlin
    gerald

Ahhh, yes... the SUPER ILLUMINATOR.

I'm currently looking for one with a blue face and metal bracelet.

Nice ! this Casio Marlin is emerging as the most popular non G shock Casio for 2008.

2007 was the PAW pathfinder.

How is the movement adjusted? The standard Casio analog movment of push button down to move the hands one way forward, or the traditional twist the crown to adjust the hands?

Quote Originally Posted by BIG G View Post
    Nice ! this Casio Marlin is emerging as the most popular non G shock Casio for 2008.
    2007 was the PAW pathfinder.
    How is the movement adjusted? The standard Casio analog movment of push button down to move the hands one way forward, or the traditional twist the crown to adjust the hands?
    Hi!
    Erm... i think this diver came out a couple or so years back so it seems a somewhat belated response to being a 'popular' watch.
    Other than the 'Illuminator' light button it is completely analog so one would set the time the 'traditional' way.
    Lee

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information