New Casio WVA-M640 "B" button not responsive

Thread: New Casio WVA-M640 "B" button not responsive

New Casio WVA-M640 "B" button not responsive

I tried searching to see if this is a common problem or not. I got the watch as new but opened and the box had cosmetic damage. It looked sort of used but not exactly worn. I was setting up the watch and it is weird as it is like a newer version of the WVA-430 nd WVA-470 the obvious difference is those were wave ceptor and the WVA-M640 is Multi-Band 6 and it only has 3 buttons, there is no top left button. When I was setting up the watch the B button (on this watch the b-button is the lower left button) worked to cycle through modes. Then while in mode changing you need to hold down that b button for 2 seconds to bring it back to timekeeping mode. That was the last time the B button worked but now I am stuck in timekeeping mode. Holding it down for 2 seconds does nothing as well as just pressing it with shorter intervals. The top right "A" button turns the light on, or holding it for 2 seconds will adjust for 12hr or 24hr mode. The bottom right "C" button will cycle through A)current time, B) day and date (SA 25) and C) seconds. Anyone have any suggestions here? It's a nice watch but without the "B" button working it is useless.

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Re: New Casio WVA-M640 "B" button not responsive

You have to open up the case. Sounds like the small bended metal cage thingy (I don't know what it is called) that makes usually contact with the pusher is out of place. This happens sometimes when the module was taken out of the case and not inserted back properly, or the module could be just slightly crooked. Anyway a small, flat screwdriver usually solves the problem.

For better reference look at the picture to see what I mean:

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i2...hockbat006.jpg

cheers
    Last edited by cal..45; January 26th, 2014 at 11:24.
    We are 12.6 %

Thanks for the response Caliber .45, that was my first guess as well. I did remove the back and carefully pried these 3 little tabs holding on the plastic disk that covered the back of the module. Then I was able to see the metal contacts that the pushers press up against the metal traces on the back of the module. The button in question was without a doubt making contact and I tried to bend the tab further but it made no difference. I decided to close it on up and the most difficult thing was getting that plastic disk back in with the three metal tabs where the ends of the tabs were curls under and trying to bend three tabs simultaneously also while making sure the plastic disk is underneath each tab, is like performing magic. I don't know how I did it but I did. As the evening progressed I would keep trying to get the button to come back to life. I kept trying manual sync as the analog hands and digital time were completely off and both were off from real time and my OCD was not having it!

Well by 10pm after yet another un successful sync, I tried pressing the b button for what seemed like the millionth time and low and behold I heard the beep and saw the battery level indicator. I cycled through the other modes "world time", Alarm (then did the sub menu of AL1-AL5 then SIG (which I turned on), then STOPWATCH, and then COUNTDOWN TIMER. Then I wanted to set the home city so once I got out of that mode switching area by pressing "a", the b button was once again non-responsive to where it is right now at this moment.

I haven't heard anything from the seller so hopefully I don't get screwed with a defective watch which is obviously not new the more I go over the watch there is obvious wear on both the band and clasp which wasn't by me. This sucks as it is a newer version of the WVA-430/470 but it has the important feature neither of those don't have. the COUNTDOWN TIMER, which for me is THE most important function that I use everyday, multiple times per day, for years!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

Sorry to hear that. In this case it might be a defective module indeed, not much I can contribute to you with that, only the advise to return the watch as soon as the seller responds

cheers
    We are 12.6 %

The guy responded finally around 9am this morning and his response was "Hello. I test all of these, what are you trying to do with the B button? Please let me know. Richard."

I responded to him 5 minutes later and no response again all day today. Sounds like a sketchy SOB to me. Now I wait to file a complaint unless I hear from him first. And to think I bought 2 items from him at the same time saving him on shipping and just the fact I should be considered a good customer to buy more than 1 item. You'd think he'd be bending over backwards to make this right considering he is a wholesaler and has another watch just like this that may actually work. You'd think he'd offer to swap out the watches...

What about the charge? If it's low according to the manual the watch will switch to time-keeping (and I assume it will stay there) - this might explain why the button will sometimes work and sometimes not - however in that case the display will show "LO" so I guess you cannot really miss that. Apart from that it sounds like it's faulty.

cheers, Sedi
    Cheers
    Sedi

Thread Information