New 'clothes' for Mudmaster!
Like Tree68Likes

Thread: New 'clothes' for Mudmaster!

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Smile New 'clothes' for Mudmaster!

Well guys, shortly after I got the 1000-1A9 Mudmaster, I ordered the black strap from the 1000-1AJF version from pacparts. Kind of like when I ordered a replacement strap for my GPW-1000RAF, it took forever....and ever. I called about it in mid-December, and they told me it was on backorder. (duh!) Said it would take another 6-8 weeks.... Well I was going to give it another week or so from now, and then cancel the order. But lo and behold, only a little over 4 months after placing my original order, it arrived!!

I like the all-black look, which will be a little more versatile than when the watch is on the yellow strap. The new black strap feels great right out of the package. And now this watch looks and feels like a piece of tactical gear! (not that I'm into tactics, anymore! hehe)
    I must admit though, I'm still eyeing the 1000-1A3 version... I like its differently accented dial, and the green strap. And I don't feel like waiting another 4 months for a green strap! I have some Amazon gift cards coming soon, soooooo......the 1A3 might be next in my sights! LOL

Here's the new Muddie:

Before:

After:

Last edited by Time4Playnow; February 4th, 2016 at 23:49.

Re: New 'clothes' for Mudmaster!

That looks great! Nicely done.
    Time4Playnow and frhoads like this.
    1 3 5
    ├┼┼╕
    2 4 6 R

Looks great! I think this might qualify as the first documented Mudmaster mod on F17. I applaud your patience. I've been keeping an eye on Pacparts to see if they will ever carry parts for the gold model. For some reason it has a green sensor cover and I would like to pick one up to swap out with the red cover on my green Muddie. Though I don't know if I will have the nerve to be the first one to disassemble the bezel. Then again you guys know I can't just leave stuff alone.

Anyhow, great job, I'm really diggin results. And you still can switch it to yellow anytime the need arises. I'll go ahead and congratulate you on the green one now, because from your comments (and being a fellow shockaholic) I'm pretty sure its a done deal.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Knives and Lint View Post
    Looks great! I think this might qualify as the first documented Mudmaster mod on F17. I applaud your patience. I've been keeping an eye on Pacparts to see if they will ever carry parts for the gold model. For some reason it has a green sensor cover and I would like to pick one up to swap out with the red cover on my green Muddie. Though I don't know if I will have the nerve to be the first one to disassemble the bezel. Then again you guys know I can't just leave stuff alone.

Anyhow, great job, I'm really diggin results. And you still can switch it to yellow anytime the need arises. I'll go ahead and congratulate you on the green one now, because from your comments (and being a fellow shockaholic) I'm pretty sure its a done deal.
    hahaha The congratulations on the green is a little premature...but probably not by much! If this qualifies as a "mod," I'll take it -- because I almost never 'mod' any other G I own! But certainly it cannot compare to the "real" mods you've done K&L - I'm thinking of the Frog mods you've done especially. That actually takes talent. Anyone can change a strap!

Oh, and BTW K&L, when I changed the strap on this Mudmaster, I remembered the original strap disassembly and pics you posted in one of the original Mudmaster threads. I didn't even have to look up the post, but I remembered that little "friction pin" if that's what it's called, but thankfully that was very very easy to remove and put back.

Thanks guys! (oh, and if, or more like WHEN, the green one arrives, I'll post some more pics here)
    Knives and Lint and brvheart like this.

Looks great!
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    If you don't think every day is a good day, just try missing one. ~Cavett Robert

I prefer the original colorway for myself, nevertheless it's definitely a great mod done!
    Time4Playnow likes this.

You have chosen my favourite Mudmaster :) Simply love the yellow/ black combo but well done Time4Playnow. Looks very neat, slick and nicely balanced. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more variations :) Great job

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Looks great! I'd prefer matching colors versus the yellow or olive green straps

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Time4Playnow likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Deepsea_dweller View Post
    You have chosen my favourite Mudmaster :) Simply love the yellow/ black combo but well done Time4Playnow. Looks very neat, slick and nicely balanced. Thanks for sharing and looking forward to more variations :) Great job

Sent from my iPhone 6+
    Thanks DSD, much appreciated.

Thanks guys!
    Deepsea_dweller likes this.

very nice! essentially have two watches now :D
    cant believe how much locals take pacparts for granted and squander the chance to do more of these remixes. i'd be building customs left and right!
    the aritst formerly known as soulbridgemedia
    Whoisdisdointhissynthe tictypeofalphabetapsychedelicfunkin

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information