new to collecting Casio... not sure what I am doing... - Page 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: new to collecting Casio... not sure what I am doing...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Re: new to collecting Casio... not sure what I am doing...

I joined WUS to discuss Casio watches... I have worn them for the last 30 years and have just been bitten by the Collect Casio bug... (my wallet is on life-support and my wife is hollering "HOW MANY WATCHES DO YOU NEED!)
    JohnQFord, MCZK and NotSure like this.
    Live and Don't Learn....

Quote Originally Posted by A380 View Post
    Please remove that footer. Your device is irrelevant. It's spam. Moderator: please remove this message after the spam has been removed.
    Who are you to be telling other forum members and mods what to do?

Quote Originally Posted by Pharmagator View Post
    I joined WUS to discuss Casio watches... I have worn them for the last 30 years and have just been bitten by the Collect Casio bug... (my wallet is on life-support and my wife is hollering "HOW MANY WATCHES DO YOU NEED!)
    You're on this forum now ... so 'NEED' has nothing to do with it. We're all about 'want' here! Much more fun!

I'm surprised that no one has come back with the usual: 'Ask her how many pairs of shoes [or purses/bags] she needs'.

Of course, that could leave you on life support instead of your wallet !

As you're finding out, wallets have an almost infinite capacity for punishment & somehow seem to survive under even the most dire prognosis. [only you can pull the plug]

You're also finding out that some threads can go sideways rather quickly ... I'll take the liberty of apologizing for the 'well-intended' who inadvertently took it in 'unintended' directions.

So let's get back to the original subject. You've looked around ... investigated ... with some advice given.

Where do you now stand? Is your focus still on the Rangeman & maybe a King? All of them ... one of them ... a few ?

Are you looking for shelf queens with an eye to 'collecting' or is your intent to wear them in a rotation & put them to use?

What questions do you still have?
    "watchuseek" ... From a lost indigenous dialect ... meaning ... "Bet you can't buy just one !!!"

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Some watches get hyped up by collectors over time and develop a sort of legendary status.

I had a new DGK king as well as two new blue atomic kings. I sold all of them for a combined total of around $400 and I made money off them. I almost felt bad I charged $150 for the atomic blue kings since I got them for $90. Today those 3 watches would be worth a total of over $2000 combined.

I remember going to Macy's and seeing two DGK kings sitting on the store display collecting dust. No one wanted them for weeks. Crazy how things change.

Some of the watches people are paying exorbitant amounts for today will be practically free a few years from now. Do you see anyone fighting over a parachute riseman anymore? No. Most people who would have paid huge sums for that model have moved on and when they do come up for sale they go cheap. Casio has made so many limited editions people can only remember a select few.

Bapes used to go for $600-$700 at one point. Now sellers are lucky to get $300.

So prices are all over the place and constantly changing. and remember just because a seller is asking a price does not mean the watch is worth that much. Some sellers ask super high prices for no reason other than maybe they think they can fool someone into thinking that watch is worth it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information