New Collector's (& Limited) Edition Forgman with Diving Knife
Like Tree45Likes

Thread: New Collector's (& Limited) Edition Forgman with Diving Knife

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sorry if this has already been posted, but I came across this article on G-Central

https://www.g-central.com/g-shock-frogman-gwf-d1000b-1ltd-35th-anniversary-collectors-set-with-diving-knife-europe/

OMG! Be still my beating heart!

A 35th anniversary Depth Metre Frogman... without gold accents (don't blame anyone, just not for me) and with a GShock branded diver's knife...

HOT DAMN!

But yeah... as with all Frogman models, this looks like it's going to be very expensive, SPECIALLY that it is limited to 350 pieces!

Yeesh... I almost don't want to know how much it'll cost!
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.

Specialization is for insects.

Re: New Collector's (& Limited) Edition Forgman with Diving Knife

Wow, pretty cool!! Yeah, you can bet it will be insanely expensive. And with only 350 pcs, very very hard to get one at all...

That knife looks cool as well. The Frog doesn't appear to be too different from the GWF-D1000B model. But anyway, I'll just admire this one from photos.
    Steelerswit and Ottovonn like this.
    Casio G-shock
    MRG-G1000B-1ADR, MTG-B1000TF-1AJR, GMW-B5000TFC-1, GMW-B5000D-1, GMW-B5000GD-9, GMW-B5000V-1, GMW-B5000G-1, GPR-B1000-1, GPR-B1000-1B, GWG-1000-1A, GW-9400-1, GW-9400DCJ-1, GW-9400BTJ-8, GW-9401KJ-3JR, GW-5000-1JF, GW-B5600FB-4JR, GW-B5600HR-1, GW-B5600BC-1B, GXW-56BB-1JF, GXW-56-1BJF, GW-3000M-4A, DW-5035D-1B, DW-5600BB (x2), DW-5600E (x2), DW-5600EG-9V, DW-5600CL-1, GW-M5610TR-7JF, DW-5600MS, GLS-5600CL-1, GLS-5600CL-3, DW-6930, GA-100MM-8A, G100BB-1A, GLS-6900-9JF, G-8900SC, GD-350-1B, GD-400-9CS, DW-6900MS, GD-120CM-4, GD-X6900CM-5, GLS-8900CM-2, GW-002KA.
    Casio Protrek/Pathfinder
    PAG-240B-2, PRW-2500R-1, PRW-3100FC-1JF, PRX-8000T-7AJF.
    Casio AE-1200 (x2)
    Casio W217H-1A
    MDV106-1A
    MTD1080-7A

Quote Originally Posted by Time4Playnow View Post
    The Frog doesn't appear to be too different from the GWF-D1000B model.
    Yeah, I actually prefer the "subtle" nod this has to the 35th anniversary (with just the tab on the band). Wonder if it's got the 35th Anniversary caseback carving as well

But anyway, I'll just admire this one from photos.
    You & me both mate :) The forgman is expensive enough already, no idea what a limited & 35th anniversary collector's edition will be like, but I can't imagine it being easy on the wallet :)
    Time4Playnow likes this.
    A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze a new problem, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly.

Specialization is for insects.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

If I got that Mrs Wit would use the knife on a certain part of my anatomy~

Sent from Capt Kirk's Communicator
    Davidka and Ottovonn like this.
    Call sign: Wit
    Si vis pacem, para bellum

click saver

so basically the watch is just a print on the band and a keeper, the specialness is everything else. bit like that gwg with the multitool, very cool but no way worth the price or effort tracking one down! lol
    Cowboy Bebop and Rocat like this.
    One struck by lightning is not the same as by a baseball or cabbage.

IG: soulbridge_media
    IG: thegcollective

That knife would come in handy as a paperweight. A very expensive paperweight.
    soulbridgemedia likes this.
    "When the shadow of the sash appeared in the curtains it was between seven and eight o'clock and then I was in time again, hearing the watch. It was Grandfather's and when Father gave it to me he said I give you the mausoleum of all hope and desire.... I give it to you not that you may remember time, but that you might forget it now and then for a moment and not spend all your breath trying to conquer it."
    --William Faulkner, The Sound and the Fury (1929)

Quote Originally Posted by kubr1ck View Post
    That knife would come in handy as a paperweight. A very expensive paperweight.
    Ha...I was gonna say G-Shock brand knives are crap! I still remember those Glock branded knives are crap, hell S&W's too.

B79

Well.. there you go.
    I have a Squale INOX dive knife that looks like that. Nothing to do with Squale watches though.

Wow, pretty cool!! Yeah, you can bet it will be insanely expensive. And with only 350 pcs, very very hard to get one at all...

That knife looks cool as well. The Frog doesn't appear to be too different from the GWF-D1000B model. But anyway, I'll just admire this one from photos.
    Quote Originally Posted by soulbridgemedia View Post
    click saver

so basically the watch is just a print on the band and a keeper, the specialness is everything else. bit like that gwg with the multitool, very cool but no way worth the price or effort tracking one down! lol

Really anticipating my 8th D-1000 Froggy but I'm with you guys .. Haven't seen the backplate yet, but if no real different and/ or no numbered case back (like e.g. my GWFT-1030e 30th Anniversary) then what's the fuss Good marketing & packaging though ... Definitely not for me - especially since there's a big one ( for me ) in the pipeline end of this year Let's see if one of our European F17 members will be getting one. Looking forward to it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
    tekmonkey and Ottovonn like this.

Sorry if this is getting tiresome cos I keep saying this. But if Casio can't be bothered making replacement resin available for the D1000 models then I won't be buying any more of them.

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information