New Combi Bracelet Sky Cockpit GW-A1000FC-2AJF has arrived - quick review and pics
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: New Combi Bracelet Sky Cockpit GW-A1000FC-2AJF has arrived - quick review and pics

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

New Combi Bracelet Sky Cockpit GW-A1000FC-2AJF has arrived - quick review and pics

It's here, the latest released Sky Cockpit FC series. This model features stealth paint and combi bracelet. When I saw the announcement, I know it has to be a good match of the two best G-Shock design in my opinion.

The GW-A1000 module itself is known to be the best functional analog watch up to date. The use of crown for smart access together with independent motor for each hand make the watch fly through all functions (stopwatch, cdt, alarm) with ease. No need to mention it here again since many reviews have been posted by other members.

The other best design is the combi bracelet. I know this bracelet from GWM5600BC. It is very light and comfortable. Plus the mix of resin makes it less exposed to metal part, thus the scratch is not visible. This GW-A1000FC seems to have no exposed metal part except the clap. The black and blue parts seem to be hard resin (or plastic?). Description on the website was translated to have metal in the middle of the resin for the strength.

I'm glad to tell you that this bracelet is light as nothing. I haven't sized it to my wrist yet but a quick try confirms that it has the same comfort feeling as the GWM5600BC. It makes this big watch not heavy on the wrist at all. The links are held with small spring bars. Thus resizing this bracelet is easy with the right tool (springbar tool).

Next topic is the color. There are two model at this release, blue and black. I preordered the blue one couple weeks ago. While waiting for the watch to arrive, Watch-Tanaka posted a YouTube video showing this color to be bright blue. Well that made me worried a bit but I believe in the correctness of the color on Casio website. It is supposed to be dark blue. And it is! The blue parts are kind of Navy blue. In fact it is the same blue as on the band of the Frogman GF8250ER (men in mil color). No wonder why I have love at first sight with this model.

Now on to the lume. kung-fusion pointed out that the lumed area is less than previous models. It is actually. There are some grey color on top of the lumed white hour ticks and hands. So the lume is partially stealth. The grey color parts are still lumed, but faded than the white parts on the tips and 3, 6, 9, 12 ticks. So the lume is good but may not be as visible as other Sky Cockpit. This is something that I'll reserve as TBD until I have a hands on for sometimes.

with GW-A1000A

That's all for my quick review. Now enjoy the rest of these quick pics.

Made in Japan H

My blue gang. GW- 3000BD, GW-A1000A, GW-A1000FC-A2, GF-8250ER. I should have include the master blue and the blue king in this shot.

Last edited by GShockMe; November 29th, 2012 at 21:34.

Re: New Combi Bracelet Skycockpit GWA-1000FC-2JF has arrived - quick review and pics

Very nice! Thanks for the in-depth review and information

Re: New Combi Bracelet Skycockpit GWA-1000FC-2JF has arrived - quick review and pics

Thanks. I still have a doubt about the lume so I redo the shot with DSLR and fast lenses. No problem with the lume. The grey area is just less lume than the white parts. But it is visible at night. Actually, it is cool to have two tone. Sorry to post a capture from the display screen of the big camera. I'm too lazy to do the file transfer. Left is GW-A1000FC. Right is GW-A1000A.

Name:  uploadfromtaptalk1353995493897.jpg
Views: 6561
Size:  71.9 KB
    Last edited by GShockMe; November 27th, 2012 at 07:18.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

TZA

Re: New Combi Bracelet Sky Cockpit GW-A1000FC-2AJF has arrived - quick review and pics

woo hoo, congrats! glad to hear it is the deeper dark blue on the FC2 and not that light blue. thanks for sharing.

Re: New Combi Bracelet Sky Cockpit GW-A1000FC-2AJF has arrived - quick review and pics

I'm gonna say it; nice set of watches! When your cheapest watch is a GW-3000 Blue limited edition with bracelet something is terribly right with your taste!

Thank you for posting up! That is the first time i've seen Tanaka put the scare on us :what:
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Fantastic post! Thanks for sharing ...and congrats on the new watch!

Congrats on a very sharp Aviator! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and I am very happy the shade of blue is what we had expected! Enjoy!

Great watch there and I like the stealth of the grey markers instead of white. You said there is also a black version of this coming soon? I do like the blue, but I would prefer all black stealth with the grey accents of this watch. Is that what the black one will offer?

Thanks for posting, buddy. Can you post a pic of the clasp when you get a moment? Thanks!

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread Information