New to the Forum and New to G-Shock

Thread: New to the Forum and New to G-Shock

New to the Forum and New to G-Shock

Hi All,

I am new to the forum and what brings me here is because I received a G-Shock GW7900B-1 for my 30th birthday on Tuesday (It is also the first watch I ever owned). I have always wanted a G-Shock since I was a freshmen in high school but never got around to buying one. And as I got older, more and more kids were wearing one, so it turned me off from the G-Shock.

Anyways, I was at the mall with my girlfriend a few weeks back to purchase a graduation gift for her sister, Baby G BGA 101-7B because she is going to be a nurse. I told me girlfriend I always wanted to get one of these G-Shock since I was a kid buy never got around to getting one, and now days with a clock on the cell phone, I didn’t really need it. But then I saw the GW7900B-1 with the moon data and tide graph which sparked my interest again. I am an avid angler and use the moon and tide data to help with fishing.

It has only been two days and still learning how to use the watch, but was wondering if anyone could guide me in reading the tide graph? Is the tide graph only for the ocean or will help with the river systems too? I live out in the West Coast, Sacramento, CA to be exact, if that could help me answer my question.

Thanks,
    James

Re: New to the Forum and New to G-Shock

Welcome to the post. Here is a useful link regarding using your tide graph on rivers and estuaries. The 10 Best Tide Watches for Fishermen
    Name:  460c792b9150991de200540656d5f367.jpg
Views: 293
Size:  337.0 KB
    LEX ET ORDO

Welcome to the forum.

The GW-7900B is a great G shock and is very popular on the forum. Here is mine.

The Tidegraph will not be of any use for rivers unless you are interested in river estuary surge, in which case it should work fairly well I suppose.

Mitch

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Congratulations on your new G-Shock! Welcome to the G-Shock family and the forum! Cheers, Bill P.

Congrats to your first G-shock, i'm new too... You're 30yrs old.... Shd have gotta the 30th anniversary model to celebrate together with G-Shock... (Juz joking)

congrats and welcome!
    -Coi- instagram @kandyredcoi / Facebook

Congrats on the purchase and welcome to the forum! I think the delta is big enough to have high and low tides, so it could be useful, less useful in Folsom obviously.
    If you have a droid there is an app i use all the time for these watches and provides you settings. Search "lunitudnal interval" and it should pop up as the only one. Hope this helps! Otherwise PM me.
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

Thanks everyone. So far, I really like the watch. Now I see why so many of the members here have so many watches.

Chrisek, I fish the Delta quite often and also the Port of Sacramento. The tide graph is much needed in the Port, big difference when its slack, low, and high.

Thread Information