New to the forum and question

Thread: New to the forum and question

New to the forum and question

hello all,

i have been lurking for quite some time and finally decided to join. the addiction started a while back when i got my now wife, then gf, a baby-g for her birthday. Then one turned into two and so on. We each had quite a few. Unfortunately, all were lost in Katrina. But now the addiction has resurfaced. it started a couple weeks ago at Macy's when my wife grabbed a Baby-G on impulse when walking out the store. Then i was at Target one day and grabbed a 9052 on sale for $30. Now to the question. Can anybody identify this watch? i have searched the web long and far including Perfect Search and found nothing. any help is appreciated.

ThanksName:  9052.jpg
Views: 125
Size:  50.9 KB

Re: New to the forum and question

Um, looks like a fake to me - the hourly chime bell symbol looks wrong, as does the LCD and a few other things - most notably the absence of the 'CASIO' logo on the face. Sorry

I didnt buy it was just looking. I was in such a hurry trying to find the thing I didnt even see the missing Casio. Yikes!

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

near Manhattan... Status: Changing course, hard about

Where did you see it for sale? I hope it wasn't TARGET.

Anyway, what you're showing appears to be a fake of a DW-9052. Quite a lot of it looks close to authentic. The yellow backing on the LCD time counter graph is a real giveaway. I wasn't sure if the poor photo caused a washout of the dial face, hiding the CASIO logo. But if we can see "Water resist", it should be visible--it isn't. Same thing for "Shock Resist". Another sign is the squared off font on "G-SHOCK". An authentic one is more rounded.
    In rotation: Citizen Attesa ATV53-2834, Eco Drives | Omega Seamaster | CASIO: TW-7000, MRG-220, RevMan, G-2000D, DW-5700ML, GW-9100 | Seiko SKA-413, SBPG001

Thread Information