New Froggie is SS not Ti :(

Thread: New Froggie is SS not Ti :(

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

New Froggie is SS not Ti :(

Oh well, guess I don't have to spend my $ on it now!

Why would Casio go to all the trouble of making a great diver and leave out the titanium??? Seems like a big step backward.

Kev

Re: New Froggie is SS not Ti :(

Perhaps to reduce cost? I have no idea.. I had been pondering the same question myself.
    DW-6100 Thermometer, GW-530A, MTG-1000, GW-9200 Riseman, GW200-MS Frogman, GWF-1000-1JF Atomic Solar Frogman, DW6900-CS, GW-200Z-1JF Final Frogman -- Proud Ham Radio Operator - K2JLX

Banned

I am very happy that they went this route as it keeps me from buying one, i don't care for the weight of SS and won't even wear my 8250Y because of it, in fact its going to go up on the sales forum soon.
    I hope a Titanium model is coming.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by K2JLX View Post
    Perhaps to reduce cost? I have no idea.. I had been pondering the same question myself.
    Reduce cost?

Definetly not.

Titanium was there to create a exclusive feel since Titanium have a high status and do not rust.

With this new Frogman casio have decided to use a DLC coating, this is far more expensive and exclusive then Titanium. DLC coated SS is way better then Titanium, it is way harder, definetly do not rust and is far far more resistant to scratching and way more expensive!

I would prefer DLC coated SS over Titanium any day of the week, DLC is true high tech in the watch world!
    The Water Resistance Myth VS Reality article:https://forums.watchuseek.com/showthread.php?t=159142

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Reduce cost?

Definetly not.

Titanium was there to create a exclusive feel since Titanium have a high status and do not rust.

With this new Frogman casio have decided to use a DLC coating, this is far more expensive and exclusive then Titanium. DLC coated SS is way better then Titanium, it is way harder, definetly do not rust and is far far more resistant to scratching and way more expensive!

I would prefer DLC coated SS over Titanium any day of the week, DLC is true high tech in the watch world!
    Yep, titanium scratches really easily.

I have a few dings on the Ti screwback of my GW200 series frogman that I can't account for, I am sure I haven't hit the watch hard on anything, let alone the back, but alas the dings are there.... Fortunately they are small.

-- Sept 20th is the date of release for the new atomic frog, is that including the USA? I see no reference of that watch on the g-shock USA website?
    DW-6100 Thermometer, GW-530A, MTG-1000, GW-9200 Riseman, GW200-MS Frogman, GWF-1000-1JF Atomic Solar Frogman, DW6900-CS, GW-200Z-1JF Final Frogman -- Proud Ham Radio Operator - K2JLX

Quote Originally Posted by Joakim Agren View Post
    Reduce cost?

Definetly not.

Joakim, Spot On, when the Frog first came out the Titanium differentiated the watch, now spin the clock forwards with modern CNC machines automatically turning out cases by the dozen, and Titanium watches are virtually as affordable as SS, so now DLC is the new Ti

Q-6

for me isn't bad at all.
    most diver watches or scuba watches are made
    of SS..
    watches are meant to tell times..

Quote Originally Posted by Queen6 View Post
    Joakim, Spot On, when the Frog first came out the Titanium differentiated the watch, now spin the clock forwards with modern CNC machines automatically turning out cases by the dozen, and Titanium watches are virtually as affordable as SS, so now DLC is the new Ti

Q-6
    Well said... and I Agree!

Personally, I see this as a good move on Casio's part...

Cheers...

but why not dlc ti? i like the protection of dlc, and the weight of ti. can ti not be treated in the same way? if it can, but ss was chosen instead, i would think the answer of 'ss reduces costs' is still valid. or to look at it another way, 'ss increases profit margins'. then again, i am only assuming that ti is more expensive.

regards.
    "It is easier to discover a deficiency in individuals, in states, and in providence, than to see their real import or value." - HEGEL

*SBBN019 and SBBN011 shrouded divers*
    The Spring Drive Landmaster SBDB003 -- My Apollo 17 Speedy Pro -- Shout-out to Konrad Damasko!
    Airwolf and Chronomaster hangin' out -- NATO nuts with DC66 and SBDX001 -- Two deadly Sinns

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information