New Frogmans + battery problem

Thread: New Frogmans + battery problem

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Unhappy New Frogmans + battery problem

Yesterday i went all the way to Belgium to buy two Frogmans (I live in the Netherlands). I'm sorry for the bad quality pictures but it's better than no pictures at all .

The Golden Defender looks brand new, when i got it "Charge" was flashing but after today the battery is almost full already. The Brazilian one (it's the Addict version!) looks pretty worn and the band is a bit damaged as well. Unfortunately the guy did not have the boxes or instruction manuals anymore but i payed 300 euros (about 450 dollar) for them together so I think that is fair.

Today i wore my Brazilian all day and i couldn't stop talking about my new watch (altough not everyone seemed that impressed) and showing of the automatic backlight function to everyone that wanted to see it and to people that did not want to see it as well.

But... when i came home and looked at my watch i noticed that the battery was totally empty. I wasn't even flashing "Charge". The guy that sold me the watches told me he recently had the Brazilians battery replaced. It seems to me like something is wrong inside the watch. Has anyone ever experienced something like this before?

(Trying to impress Sjors with the Kikstyo shirt)
    Attached Images Attached Images

G-100-2BV, DW-6900FS-8, G-2500-2V, DW-56RTB-7, DW-5600LC-4, GW-5600BCJ, GW-200CF (Addict), GW-200(GM-9)

Wink Re: New Frogmans + battery problem

Ha ha ,

Lennart,

you impress me with the Frogs more, ha ha (specially for that price!). I have a GW-200 Quolomo shirt on the way (after a lot of struggling with translation programs, ha ha). I was Saturday in Belgium (Essen and Mechelen). Where do you live in the Netherlands???

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

Re: New Frogmans + battery problem

ive never come across a faulty GW-2** battery before (if it was), try leaving it in plenty of sunlight.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

A replaced battery on a GW-200... Sorry, I read over that. That watch is not old yet. Even all my Raysman work! If you are in the Netherlands, check this link. Try to find a Service Centre in your neighborhood.

Cheers,

Sjors
    There are only 10 kind of people. Those who understand binary and those who don't.

Bezoek ook eens het Nederlandstalige WUS forum: Kaliber 2010

$450 for both is brilliant. great price !!!!!

and yeah, the frogs needs lots and lots of sunlight because the power save takes lots of time to be activated.

again, those frogs needs lots of sunlight.
    "My watch buying policy reaches up to $29.99. PM me if interested" - Vintage

Thanks for the advice guys. I thought the battery had totally died and there was no other choice than have it opened but it seems I have misinterpreted the (online) manual. I will wear the Golden Defender tomorrow so I will put my Brazilian in front of the window and hope it will work again when I come home. If not I will have to pay a visit to a Casio dealer I think (thanks Sjors for the link, there are some dealers very close to where I live!).

Semi-offtopic: I tried to order a Quolomo shirt as well but I could not really figure out how to do it. I will just wait until their website finally becomes available in English I guess. Do not forget to post some pictures when you get the shirt!

I live in Wilnis by the way (a small village between Amsterdam and Utrecht) but because I am a student now I could travel the largest part to Belgium for free . If you ever go to Antwerpen, check out the large cinema called Metropolis, it is way better than the ones I have been to in the Netherlands
    G-100-2BV, DW-6900FS-8, G-2500-2V, DW-56RTB-7, DW-5600LC-4, GW-5600BCJ, GW-200CF (Addict), GW-200(GM-9)

Quote Originally Posted by Lennart. View Post
    Today i wore my Brazilian all day and i couldn't stop talking about my new watch (altough not everyone seemed that impressed) and showing of the automatic backlight function to everyone that wanted to see it and to people that did not want to see it as well.

But... when i came home and looked at my watch i noticed that the battery was totally empty. I wasn't even flashing "Charge".
    I'm no expert, but with all showing and showing of the automatic backlight, you could wear down a battery pretty quickly.

I would get the Frog plenty of sunlight for a couple of days -- and turn off the automatic backlight! Then check to see how the watch is holding a charge.

one of my first Gs a dw 5700 got cancer ( resin rot ) a couple of months ago. I think direct sunlight and heat might shorten the resin life. I read where someone puts there G in a glass of water to cool it down while charging. I have not done that but sounds like it might be a good idea if you are going to leave it by the window all day. just a thought

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Keep it in a brightly sunlit room for a couple of weeks. Don't use it, or the backlight at all during this time. That's what it will take to really get it to stay charged to it's maximum capacity.

I've got a lot of experience charging up old Solar G's, and seriously, that's what it takes, any less, and you are not giving it a chance. Also, it's not good for it to get it partially charged and then start using it....especially the backlight. Just let it be for awhile.

Tough Solar Frogmen have huge batteries. It can easily take a few long afternoons of direct sunlight to achieve a full charge. I usually give mine sunlight until they show a full charge. Then I give a full extra afternoon of direct sunlight to top off the battery.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information