New to G
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By kadinh
  • 1 Post By JATO757

Thread: New to G

New to G

Hey everyone

After mainly creeping for a while, I feel impulsed to post. :)

I recently got a Seiko Black Monster after a long, painful search of tritium watches. I figured that I would rather have a trusted, proven watch instead of some poorly-reviewed Chinese watches. I ended up returning the BM because it wouldn't keep time (5 min slow in <24h). I know autos take time to "break in", but I was still worried about knocking up against something while walking at work, thus I returned it.

Many people spoke highly about GShocks and I like their rugged look, so I started researching them. I settled on wanting a cheaper analog model, this lead to wanting the GWA1000, then the GWA1100!

I ordered the GWA1100 and GW7900 off Amazon and I loved them both, but I read some not so stellar things about the GW, so I had second thoughts. This lead to returning the GW and ordering a green Rangeman! I'm so impressed with all the functions and I can't seem to find any negative comments about it.

Anyways, I'm just excited to have my GWA1100 and a Rangeman on the way!

iPhone 5 - iOS 7
    gripmaster likes this.

Re: New to G

Congrats and welcome to the addiction. I too was a fan of automatics for quite some time. I still respect them for their craftsmanship and history, but I found myself to be too rough on them for daily wear. I still have a few, but they see little to no wrist time as I usually chose a G for daily wear. Let us know what you think about the Rangeman. I've got the lightning yellow version in my sights, just waiting to pull the trigger.
    gripmaster likes this.

Congrats and welcome to the forum! Looks like you are already in full force for great watches!

sent with aloha
    Yes, I am OCD. What gave it away?

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

CMOWE (Central Madhouse Of Western Europe)

If you were looking for H3 watches and for way-above-average lume of the Monster you shouldn't expect much from the Aviator. The GW-A1100 is a stunning looking watch but the lume is something Casio never gets right. If you are serious about lume on analogs, I promise you that you will end up sooner or later with a H3 watch anyway, maybe a nice - non-chinese T100 model?

You should also expect a rather poor legibility of the Rangeman display. It's good in daylight and well lite up rooms but as soon as it gets a little darker the display will suck.

cheers
    Last edited by cal..45; January 22nd, 2014 at 09:10.
    We are 12.6 %

Thanks everyone for your input.

I'm usually in well lighted areas all day, plus always have a light or two on me in case I need them. Personally, I would rather have a well made watch that I can count on than a fancy one that will break on its first bump against a door frame.

Here are some pics

Moderator: Sorry, no knife pics.

iPhone 5 - iOS 7
    Last edited by Sedi; January 28th, 2014 at 03:24. Reason: pics deleted

Very nice pieces sir! Be careful with the pictures of knives, I think they're not allowed here
    Jer

"I'm hip about time"

Thread Information