New G-Lide series GLS-5600V

Thread: New G-Lide series GLS-5600V

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

New G-Lide series GLS-5600V

These have already hit eBay. Three models out as of now, and these aren't even on Casio's site yet. So this is what the In4mation purple rain is based on. New series and new module?

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CASIO-G-SHOCK-G-LIDE-GLS-5600V-1-GLS5600V-1-WATCH_W0QQitemZ310109676752QQihZ021QQcategoryZ3138 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
    and

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-CASIO-G-SHOCK-G-LIDE-GLS-5600V-3-GLS5600V-3-WATCH_W0QQitemZ200289350024QQihZ010QQcategoryZ3138 7QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

and

http://cgi.ebay.com/NEW-Casio-G-shock-GLS-5600V-7JF-G-LIDE_W0QQitemZ110317438141QQcmdZViewItem

Info from Mygshock.com (http://mygshock.com/2008/09/17/new-g...-lide-g-shock/):
    A new bright green GLS-5600V-3JF model has been announced and shown off in Japan. This G-Shock is part of the venerable G-LIDE line. It's going to retail for about $140 USD. There's not many other details on it right now. It's got a love it or hate it kind of a look with that reverse display and bedazzled face.

Re: New G-Lide series GLS-5600V

I like'em! Especially that white one. Looks sweet with that display.

Coupla'links for y'all:

http://www.casio-intl.com/wat/g_shoc...gls-5600v.html

http://g-shock.jp/g-lide/

The white one looks like a promising one (especially with the stealth display). I actually tried this one on at the shop the other day and it sits really high on the wrist (because of the double-layered strap. Much higher than even a screwback. Not sure if this would be an issue for anyone, but probably something to keep in mind. There is also a big plastic buckle, rather than the traditional pin-hole buckle. My main concern is that the nylon strap (especially on the white model) will be a dirt magnet.

Been trying to decide between this one and the GLX5600, from my other thread.

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by BenL View Post
    The white one looks like a promising one (especially with the stealth display). I actually tried this one on at the shop the other day and it sits really high on the wrist (because of the double-layered strap. Much higher than even a screwback. Not sure if this would be an issue for anyone, but probably something to keep in mind. There is also a big plastic buckle, rather than the traditional pin-hole buckle. My main concern is that the nylon strap (especially on the white model) will be a dirt magnet.

Been trying to decide between this one and the GLX5600, from my other thread.

The GLX is nice but these in white sure look cool

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

Quote Originally Posted by JERSTERCA View Post
    The GLX is nice but these in white sure look cool
    I think so too, but after I tried it on the disproportional strap size compared to the watch made it look kinda funny.

Anyone else who has tried it on care to comment?

I think so too, but after I tried it on the disproportional strap size compared to the watch made it look kinda funny.

Anyone else who has tried it on care to comment?

It might be Zulu time. think it would look good with a black zulu, that way it would be lower on the wrist.

Citizen AT4004
    Spork SRP034K1
    Stealth GA-100 1A1
    Black Knight Quartz
    Orange Monster
    SKX175 Pepsi
    Riseman Rising Dragon, Pathfinder PRG80, Oceanus, G1000H

The white one looks like a promising one (especially with the stealth display). My main concern is that the nylon strap (especially on the white model) will be a dirt magnet.
    I agree, that's a really nice looking watch. I wouldn't worry too much about the strap as that type of material washes up really easily and looks like new when you do it.
    "The only exercise I take is walking behind the coffins of friends who took exercise." Peter O'Toole

Quote Originally Posted by Artistmike View Post
    I agree, that's a really nice looking watch. I wouldn't worry too much about the strap as that type washes up really easily and looks like new when you do it.
    Before washing, though, I think this one will get dirty the easiest (the other two white choice being the matte white and "shiny" white as on GLX5600).

Ya Bros,

I think i'll try one this friday hopefully it would nice in my wrist.

Hehehehehe..good luck to me...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information