new g shock

Thread: new g shock

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

new g shock

hi i am a new member of the watchuseek
    i own 2 gshock and thinking of buying a new one but i am confused between dw 6900 and g9000 mudman
    and is the new mudman not tough enough ?

Re: new g shock

Quote Originally Posted by W_reck View Post
    and is the new mudman not tough enough ?
    Whatever gave you that idea?

The DW-6900 and the G-9000 are both superb choices for a new G, the former being a classic model and the latter being more specialized, not to mention extremely comfortable. You can't go wrong with either of them.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

i was searching forums and found out that g9000 module is faulty
    i may be wrong
    thinking of getting dw 6900 & thanks for info

4. Remove Advertisements
    WatchUSeek.com
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by W_reck View Post
    i was searching forums and found out that g9000 module is faulty
    i may be wrong
    thinking of getting dw 6900 & thanks for info
    Great. Post wristshots once you get your DW6900.

I don't know about the G9000's module being faulty; I've had mine for over a month and it's perfectly fine. The only failing Mudman I've read about was Nightstalker1993's watch, and he was able to get it fixed with no problem.

Wait a minute, you haven't been reading Percy's posts, have you?
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

I never said that the G9000 module is faulty. The ones that I got from Amazon.com that were returned because they all had cosmetic defects/flaws on them. They all either had a crooked module, or shiny worn edges on the exterior resin case covering or scratches on the back metal bezel. That's why they were all returned. Other than that, the modules on all G9000 Mudmans that I purchased were all working fine.

yeah, mine came with a slightly crooked module, but hey, i'm not paying for aesthetics am i?

lol...

Quote Originally Posted by Percy View Post
    I never said that the G9000 module is faulty. The ones that I got from Amazon.com that were returned because they all had cosmetic defects/flaws on them. They all either had a crooked module, or shiny worn edges on the exterior resin case covering or scratches on the back metal bezel. That's why they were all returned. Other than that, the modules on all G9000 Mudmans that I purchased were all working fine.
    We all know what "defects" your watches from Amazon had, you made that very clear in your last thread. I think Bogey was just teasing a little.

@wreck: you can't go wrong with either of those models. I can attest to the comfort of the G9000, but I wasn't in love with the aesthetics, so it went out the door. I'm sure if you like them both you'll end up with at least one variant of each, given everybody's track record here at WUS. Be sure to post pics when they arrive
    Regards,
    Hugh

Current Collection:
    Sinn U1 - Seiko SBBN007 - Hamilton Jazzmaster Traveler GMT - Tissot Seastar 1000
    G-shock DW5025B-7V - G-shock GW700BDJ-2

Outgoing:
    G-shock GW5525A-1 G-shock DW5600R-3JF

I dearly do love the G9000 Mudman very much and I am rethinking about ordering one. As a matter of fact, I think that it will be the next G-Shock that I am going to purchase. I am waiting for the price to go under $60 again.

Quote Originally Posted by henxing View Post
    We all know what "defects" your watches from Amazon had, you made that very clear in your last thread. I think Bogey was just teasing a little.
    'Course I was.

To be fair, at least Percy hasn't given up on the Mudman, even as he was disappointed with one purchase after another.
    DW-9051/2
    G-9200 Riseman
    G-9100 Gulfman
    G-9000MC-8D Mudman
    GW5600J
    GA-100A-9A

Sucks to be without a G.

The reason why I haven't given up on the G9000 Mudman is because it's a very beautiful and nice looking watch. I want to be able to own one. Currently, I own the GW9010 Atomic Solar Mudman. I like the regular G9000 Mudman much better than the GW9010 because the G9000 offers an lcd display where you can see the time "and" the stopwatch all at once. The GW9010 Atomic Solar Mudman doesn't offer this feature which really bothers me. I'm not 100% sure, but I also think that the regular G9000 Mudman's alarm beeps longer (for 20 seconds?) and is much louder than the GW9010 alarm. The GW9010's alarm is useless. It beeps for only 10 seconds and it's not loud at all and you cannot hear it. I hate that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information